Just got my new corbin seat.....:)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered the pilots seat today from Corbin. They said "about 3 weeks" but as I am headed to the Dragon in July, they said they will try to make sure it gets here before I leave.

I have had a corbin seat on my Vulcan for a few years and have been happy with it. I hope the FJR model works as well.

KM

Ordered mine for me and Missy 2 weeks ago,got it 1 week ago and love it!Ordered the one's w/ heat for her tushy due inherent heat tolerance differences between us(the tank keeps me warm enough). Got 'em because we had to shorten what was to be a fun 3 day trip :angry2: . Unfortunately stock seat sent sooo much pain through my back and legs and she was practically numb from it that when i got home I ordered the seats the next day and they got here a week later. :yahoo:

Tried them on 150 miler the other day,had to install a pdb first ;) and she says it's pure heaven compared to what she had to endure 2 weeks ago. It was so bad on last trip we sat on wood chips at the fuel station we stopped at to be comfy! Good luck w/ the seat, hope you enjoy them as much as we do. She's so happy she says I might get an early b-day present(smuggler) :clapping:

Yup, I about choked on the price. I think I paid about $500.00 for the one I used on the '03 and '04. But, Jenny really loved it, and I did a couple of 1000+ mile days on it and my butt never complained one bit. So, what the hell, it's only money. :lol: Truth is, the first time I went over 500 miles on the stock seat on the old FJR, I probably would have paid twice what I paid for the first Corbin given the opportunity.

Ordered mine for me and Missy 2 weeks ago,got it 1 week ago and love it!Ordered the one's w/ heat for her tushy due inherent heat tolerance differences between us(the tank keeps me warm enough). Got 'em because we had to shorten what was to be a fun 3 day trip :angry2: . Unfortunately stock seat sent sooo much pain through my back and legs and she was practically numb from it that when i got home I ordered the seats the next day and they got here a week later. :yahoo: Tried them on 150 miler the other day,had to install a pdb first ;) and she says it's pure heaven compared to what she had to endure 2 weeks ago. It was so bad on last trip we sat on wood chips at the fuel station we stopped at to be comfy! Good luck w/ the seat, hope you enjoy them as much as we do. She's so happy she says I might get an early b-day present(smuggler) :clapping:
Congrats on the new seat! I ordered a Corbin + Smuggler last week and I can't wait to get it!

Best Regards,

Shane

I ordered the pilots seat today from Corbin. They said "about 3 weeks" but as I am headed to the Dragon in July, they said they will try to make sure it gets here before I leave.I have had a corbin seat on my Vulcan for a few years and have been happy with it. I hope the FJR model works as well.

KM

Update: Got the seat today..that's five days. Big thumbs up to the Corbin folks.

Seat looks great and feels great...

KM

Received my Corbin with backrest today. I love the lower seating position. I can now touch flat footed when I couldn't with the stock seat. Also took some pressure off my arms. Most importantly, my wife says it is awesome. She is now ready to go touring. She says it was worth the $1000 bones!

We are doing a two day trip next weekend to test it out and the Starcom I have on the way from Jeff @ Sport Bike Effects. I will report back after our 1,000 mile trip next weekend...

I received my Corbin for my 06 on Thursday. Put about 200 miles on it today. Sweet!!! And since I am 5'6" with short legs, the ground reach difference is great. Love it. And according to the paper wor, It's not broken in for 2000 :yahoo: miles. Better and Better :yahoo:

Just Like My Avitar Says.......

Most importantly, my wife says it is awesome. She is now ready to go touring. She says it was worth the $1000 bones!

But, Jenny really loved it, and I did a couple of 1000+ mile days on it and my butt never complained one bit. So, what the hell, it's only money.

She's so happy she says I might get an early b-day present

She has the Pu$$y, So SHE makes the rules

Corbin Price list for 06 FJR

Front saddle no Heat, 2006 Yamaha FJR 1300 $399

Rear saddle no Heat, 2006 Yamaha FJR 1300 $299 so $698 plus shipping Not bad ,

it's the accesories that jack the price WAY up

Heat = $100 per seat

Smuggler Trunk painted, 2006 Yamaha FJR 1300 $699

Standard Ovalbac backrest $239

I love my corbin , and when I get my next bike in the spring , I'll get another, it's worth keepin my body and buddy happy

Last edited by a moderator: