Just got my new FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadPigg

Reaction score
Well I can finally feel like one of the collective now. I am picking up my new 08 this afternoon unless I cant stop hyperventilating and pass out. For me this is a really big deal after waiting nearly 5 years to purchase one. The economy has made things a bit tougher but by downsizing my life I was able to swing the deal and I have to give the local dealer credit for working with me. Even though he 's afraid he wont be able to sell my 05 Royal Star , I mean its only got 43,000 miles on it and I'm throwing in my 4 gallon fuel cell,XM ,Ram mounts and other goodies.

I'm taking the FJR for a spin today and the temp is supposed to be aroungd 58 with partly sunny sky.

Today is definitely my new birthday. :yahoo:

Congratulations! Welcome from Southern California. Here's to many many miles and smiles on your new FJR.

RwP

Well I can finally feel like one of the collective now. I am picking up my new 08 this afternoon unless I cant stop hyperventilating and pass out. For me this is a really big deal after waiting nearly 5 years to purchase one. The economy has made things a bit tougher but by downsizing my life I was able to swing the deal and I have to give the local dealer credit for working with me. Even though he 's afraid he wont be able to sell my 05 Royal Star , I mean its only got 43,000 miles on it and I'm throwing in my 4 gallon fuel cell,XM ,Ram mounts and other goodies.I'm taking the FJR for a spin today and the temp is supposed to be aroungd 58 with partly sunny sky.

Today is definitely my new birthday. :yahoo:

I'm sure you'll love your new 08 ,,,, enjoy ,,,

Congrats BP,.... Just got back from a chilly three hour rip today after the winter wait. And still,.. after two years find myself looking back at the damn thing as i'm walking out of the shop thinking :yahoo: my world is good today.

Read the bin of facts and new owners stuff twice,...At least!

Ceers

-Don

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay. You're stuck now. Sick days will probably be on Fridays so you can have a three day ride. Wife's if they don't ride will find their allure falling away to be replaced by Zumo's, custom seats, and other cool farkles.

I'm sorry to break it to you this way, but you've gone to a place where you can't return.

Congrats on the bike, your gonna love it.

I just bought a 09 and it's the best purchase I could have made.

Enjoy the ride, be safe

Okay. You're stuck now. Sick days will probably be on Fridays so you can have a three day ride. Wife's if they don't ride will find their allure falling away to be replaced by Zumo's, custom seats, and other cool farkles.
I'm sorry to break it to you this way, but you've gone to a place where you can't return.

Cant afford a wife , had to settle for a girlfriend and she doesnt like motorcycles, darn. :rolleyes:

I took it out for a spin and put almost 200 miles of bugs on it. All I can say is Holys***flyingmonkeybuttedsonovabi**h this bike can fly!

I've only ridden the Yamaha Demo bikes for that last 5 years and those short rides dont let you experience what this machine is really like. Cant wait till the breakin is over .

.......OH! , the sun is out ...... gotta go to the somewhere for something or other, better take the bike. SEE YA!!

had to settle for a girlfriend and she doesnt like motorcycles, darn. :rolleyes:
:unsure: Here we go again........

-Don