Just picked up my 08 FJR1300!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gijoebruin

Reaction score
After weeks of searching through new and used FJRs, I decided to spend the extra cash and purchase an 08 FJR1300. This bike is amazing!

Coming from an 04 FZ1 - I was afraid that the FJR would have a really heavy feel and be more difficult to maneuver based on size and weight, but I'm completed surprised how great this bike feels. I immediately ordered the V-Stream windsheild and a TankSlapper 3M clear tank bra. I commute about 80 miles a day and look forward to every mile!

Great people and info on this board...thanks!! :yahoo:

After weeks of searching through new and used FJRs, I decided to spend the extra cash and purchase an 08 FJR1300. This bike is amazing!
Coming from an 04 FZ1 - I was afraid that the FJR would have a really heavy feel and be more difficult to maneuver based on size and weight, but I'm completed surprised how great this bike feels. I immediately ordered the V-Stream windsheild and a TankSlapper 3M clear tank bra. I commute about 80 miles a day and look forward to every mile!

Congratulations on the purchase and wise move on the V-Stream.

Congratulations, there is nothing like that "new bike" feeling ... enjoy, and let us know about the V-Stream, I am thinking of picking one up soon for my 07.

Congrats. I've had mine for only a month or so and I find myself riding it everyday, even if it's only a 2 mile trip to the gym. Where you from?

Thanks! I'm in SoCal. Also, I inquired about the YES warranty and the dealer told me that the original price is $2200, but they would sell it to me for $1500. Ouch...looked up D&H cycles and plan to give them a call tomorrow. Love this place.

....................... I commute about 80 miles a day and look forward to every mile!

Congrats!

I have alwys been thankful that I only commute 1 mile but 80 miles a day in CA on the Feej.........does sound good!!! :clapping:

Congradulations, gijoe!!!

Welcome to the Dark Side!! You have entered into a very happy place. You will be stopped and asked about the bike by many, many people.

You are going to love waking up in the morning and twisting that throttle.

The day after I got my bike home, I opened my eyes in the morning and couldn't wait to ride it. I didn't have my coffee, I didn't eat my breakfast,

I didn't even lock my front door. I just jumped on the bike and road the 3 miles to the first stop light. Everybody in my neighborhood along the way

stopped what they were doing and dropped their jaws and stared at me. I knew it was the bike and I had a grin from ear to ear. At the light I had

to stop. At that corner, there is a storefront with a big plate glass window. I decided to look at myself in the reflection. I horror! I noticed!!

I FORGOT TO PUT ON MY F@#KING PANTS!!!!!!!

Welcome!!! Life is going to be good now!!!

Thanks! I'm in SoCal. Also, I inquired about the YES warranty and the dealer told me that the original price is $2200, but they would sell it to me for $1500. Ouch...looked up D&H cycles and plan to give them a call tomorrow. Love this place.
Bought the YES from D&H last month and it was still $379. My stealer wanted $800.

SoCal is fairly large where are you exactly.

R

There is a VStream just posted in the classifieds for $100........

Last edited by a moderator:

Had to get my can of bullshit repellent out for this.

Hey Mop,

It was a joke! Everybody I told that joke to laughed.

You might need to go buy yourself a Sense of Humor.

Hey Congrats GI

I just got my 07 and I got a free sense of humor with mine. They traded me even up for a 05 Harley with 38k miles on it.

And keep an eye on the classified section so you can help someone out buy getting good stuff at a great price. Stay safe and get used to it and enjoy.

KM

===

I commute about 70 aday......... I call it my little daily vacation :assassin: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Gijoebruin,

Congrats on your new bike. You'll enjoy the heck out of it and look for reasons to ride it. Sometimes this place will bring a smile to your face too.

I thought that was funny...Like that dream when you are on the school bus. You guys all have that dream..................Right? :dribble:
That dream doesn't include some dude and some paper bags, does it? :unsure:

Congrats on the 08. Did you keep the FZ1, or trade it in?

I've always felt that the FZ1 wasn't that much faster than the FJR, it just felt like it. More wind noise, and less sturdy. I loved my 03FZ1 though, and I wouldn't hesitate to put one back in the garage if I wasn't in love with the Blackbird. sooo many bikes, not soo much money.... :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
OH!

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought you meant that you'd dropped it and just picked it up.

Now I see that you just bought it.

:yahoo:

Welcome!