K&N air filter

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why in the **** does Fred have to come along and say something smarter than everyone else?
Stop with the name calling buddy or I'ma gonna havta reportcha.
Jesus...I didn't call anyone a name. I dropped an F-bomb, but apparently, in business, that's ok now. I mean, I called Fred Fred, but THAT'S HIS NAME!

You guys are hurting my feelings!
My name's not Jesus and I don't walk on water you tool.

Why in the **** does Fred have to come along and say something smarter than everyone else?
Stop with the name calling buddy or I'ma gonna havta reportcha.
Jesus...I didn't call anyone a name. I dropped an F-bomb, but apparently, in business, that's ok now. I mean, I called Fred Fred, but THAT'S HIS NAME!

You guys are hurting my feelings!
My name's not Jesus and I don't walk on water you childish bullying tool.
Fixed.

Hi all, I have a 2006 Gen 2 that runs pretty good. I have the Vance& Hines CS One slip-ons that look good and sound great. Is there any benefit to a K&N air filter? The bike has 4000 miles and the original air filter is still clean. I average 43-46 mpg. The pipes have absolutely no carbon around the tips. Any advice? Lou D
The foam rubber wuz worn and particles got by (Inside of the air box wuz dirty!) on my oem filter so I just switched to a K&N. I don't notice any performance gains, but I dun got 96K mi. outta an (Air cooled) FJ1200 running K&N pods, so I think the filtration is o.k. I even do lotsa dirt roads. :rolleyes:

Thanks guys. I think I`ll leave well enough alone. As I said the bike really runs good.

Lou D

Sort of, he didn't address the 3rd dimension, which is cost. The Uni and K&N's are cleanable and thus only have to buy one for the life of the bike.

In terms of performance, I've never seen any benefits from K&N or Uni. I don't know if K&N actually filters anything smaller than bugs, and presume that both paper and UNI do better than K&N (I recall there was someone who did a test of K&N filters on a fleet of diesel trucks and determined that premature engine wear was the result).