Kate's UCCC Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kate, assuming you might check in here tonight I felt I should ask. As you ride nearer to the T Cities tomorrow, would you mind a little company for a few miles?

Awesome beyond belief!
flirt.gif

Worn out tires? Replacement chain? Oil change?

PROOF OF LIFE!!

You go girl.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be at Leos around noon for new tires.. Then riding on. I would love company. I do not know how long the tires will take but I expect and hope to be done there by 2. You can watch my spot as well! <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="TripperMike" data-cid="1166030" data-time="1406940468"><p>

Kate, assuming you might check in here tonight I felt I should ask. As you ride nearer to the T Cities tomorrow, would you mind a little company for a few miles?</p></blockquote>

You folks be the judge.....

Does this look like the face of someone who has just done three quarters of a UCCC to you?

Shouldn't there be SOME trace of exhaustion??

DSCF0179.jpg

Missed out on riding a few miles with her due to a little lag with Spotwalla on the iphone, but did manage to catch up with her at Leo's South in Lakeville. My wife and I both rode down to visit while Herbert was getting new shoes. I gotta tell ya'll, what an exceptional person she is, a real dynamo. You could really sense her enthusiam listening to her as she retold what it was like going up the haul road for instance. I have little doubt she'll finish this ride and still have plenty left in her tank.

Kate, thanks for taking the time to visit with us. I look forward to meeting up with you again, perhaps at a rally someday.
smile.png

Out of the Twin Cities now. South on I-35.
I-35??? I don't get it.
Leo's South, where she got new tires at, is about 18 miles south of I-94 on I-35. It was a good thing she didn't decide to head north to reconnect with I-94 because there was major traffic stoppage for miles at the 35/94 interchange. Had to have been a big accident or something on 94 east of 35.

See that Kate has called it a day. From where she's at now to where she's going says I should find an overpass to wave from in the morning.

There is another route that is fast too.The AVE of the Saints from St. Paul to St Louis is a quick hook up with I-70/I-64 to I-57...

Kate's off of I-35, so I'm thinking I-80 to I-74 to I-57.

I-74 runs South & East, that would cut off some big corners.

Last edited by a moderator:
You folks be the judge.....Does this look like the face of someone who has just done three quarters of a UCCC to you?

Shouldn't there be SOME trace of exhaustion??

DSCF0179.jpg

Missed out on riding a few miles with her due to a little lag with Spotwalla on the iphone, but did manage to catch up with her at Leo's South in Lakeville. My wife and I both rode down to visit while Herbert was getting new shoes. I gotta tell ya'll, what an exceptional person she is, a real dynamo. You could really sense her enthusiam listening to her as she retold what it was like going up the haul road for instance. I have little doubt she'll finish this ride and still have plenty left in her tank.

Kate, thanks for taking the time to visit with us. I look forward to meeting up with you again, perhaps at a rally someday.
smile.png
I was so happy to meet both of you and have wonderful conversations with you both. It was a great treat! did i pretty easy day with a 2 hour break while getting tires. did 511 miles today. looking to motor more tomorrow. the new tires are so much better.

My route is 380S

218S

61S

70E

64S

unless you can recommend a better route. didn't feel like back tracking up to 94 again after leaving the dealership.

That is the route. I-64E to I-57S to I-24...

I was going to warn you about the speed cameras in Cedar Rapids, but I see you are at the south end already.

After you are through St. Louis there is a great rest stop near Rend Lake on the way. Go through the normal rest area and down a side road and there are lake front shelters. Always a nice breeze to get some shut eye or a bite to eat.

You are only 3 days (500+) away from the marker. Ride safe and enjoy your successful winding down from a great adventure!

That is the route. I-64E to I-57S to I-24...I was going to warn you about the speed cameras in Cedar Rapids, but I see you are at the south end already.

After you are through St. Louis there is a great rest stop near Rend Lake on the way. Go through the normal rest area and down a side road and there are lake front shelters. Always a nice breeze to get some shut eye or a bite to eat.

You are only 3 days (500+) away from the marker. Ride safe and enjoy your successful winding down from a great adventure!
I'M SO CLOSE!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

If anyone is along the route and wants to ride some, I'd love the company!