Kate's UCCC Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only 3 yrs of riding experience??!!

I am such a wimp.
I could not find where I read that (Or maybe she told me) but she said she had only 3 years experience, riding or riding LD I am not sure.

The FJR forum got an honorable mention on Facebook for our positive support…. and I apologized for any negative comments that were made prior.

Kate just posted a plea for some help on her Facebook page. Looking for tires. Need the following: Anakee 110/80/19 and 140/80/17. Near Edmonton or Saskatoon. Spread the word and see if someone can help the girl out.

Go Kate!

I posted a quick message to Kate on FB to let her know this is on here. She was already aware that people on her are following her story. She asked that I clarify for everyone, her actual total time riding her own bike is 3 years. Not 3 years LD riding, 3 years total!

She is also trying to thank us for all the support.

She made an account on her phone, but the Forum won't yet let her post so I thought I'd pass on her thanks.

As per her FB page early this morning, Ignacio has stepped in to help her out with this. She apparently didn't realize she first had to post an intro under New Members.

Thanks Iggy!

So fun following her adventure. She's rocking a great ride and from my desk, looks like she's good with plenty of time. As long as she gets the tire issue sorted!

Howdy all! I am able to post now thanks to Matt! I'm so excited AMD grateful that all of you are watching! I cannot begin to tell you how much it means to me!

I am 5'3". Been riding a grand total of 3 years and 3 months. I love LD riding and rallying. Most of all I lve all the people I have met while riding. Itwas such an unexpected pleasure tocome across the friendship that you encounter while owning a motorcycle.

Imgonna crush this! I'm so frickin psyched! I'm so close now that the difficult part is done (haul road AND 500 miles of construction, the Alaska type of construction)

I'm riding a 2013 BMW f700Gs. The only dual sport with enough power that I could touch the ground on :) . Us wee folks have limited options. It is not lowered because then I couldn't utilize the ESA which I find very comforting on long trips. This journey has been great and I am looking forward to getting to the finish line! (Squints)

I will read and post more tonight once I hit the hotel and laundry is going so my "clean and fresh tour" continues to be clean and crash! :-D

Welcome to the Forum, Kate ... although honestly, it feels like you have been here for weeks :D

Kate, you are amazing and an inspiration! May the test of your ride be safe and trouble-free. You are one bad-ass lady.

Pictures like this should motivate others to do the ride. Here is a tiny (In stature) girl with only 3 years experience riding, knocking out a huge ride.
Pictures like that inspire me that it is possible, but the amount of fun in that pic sure does kill the pretty pictures I have painted in my head of the ride.

Heck, now that I think about it, I'm not sure if it inspires me that it's possible. I've been riding 14 years and I'm not sure I'm as hard core as she is.
biggrin.png

Nope. No I am not.

Welcome Kate!

A BMW GS700 hmmm... You DID read the fine print when joining the forum did you not? An FJR MUST be added to your stable within 6 months from the time of your introductory post. I am sure you will comply. (LOL)

Enjoy the rest of your ride, it's all down hill now.

Key West awaits you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Kate,

It's been a lot of fun following along on this great journey of yours.

Keep the now shiny side up and get to Key West so we can let out a big final cheer for you!
punk.gif

You DID read the fine print when joining the forum did you not? An FJR MUST be added to your stable within 6 months from the time of your introductory post. I am sure you will comply. (LOL)
Kate, pay no attention to that man behind the curtain... you can ride whatever you damn well please cause it sounds like you're doing pretty well on what you've got! ;)

Everyone buys an FJR eventually, having tried all other possibilities first .... a bit like Russell seats :D

She'll be fine!

Welcome aboard Kate! Been cheering you on from the first day and can't wait to read whatever ride report you write up.

Welcome to the FJR Forum, Kate. I've been catching up every morning with my coffee. Enjoying every minute of it.
punk.gif
smile.png