Kern CO Roads

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AIRHEAD#124

Reaction score
:dribble: Going to Death Valley next weekend with KJ :yahoo: and I need info: on Road Conditions for:

BODFISH CALIENTE

HWY 155 ; 178

Have a nice group forming from the Central Coast :rolleyes: Hope to see more of you guy's in Beatty :yahoo:

All should be clear, barring any storms in the day or two prior to travel.

Last weekend we had a real blast of snow in the Tehachapi mountains. I couldn't get to Mojave from home (Bakersfield) on Monday. Tuesday was business as usual.

BTW, Caliente-Bodfish Road is a great road, so long as you don't have anywhere else to be. Very serpentine, mostly 2nd gear. I'm sure it has at least as many curves/mile as does Deals Gap.

Have fun on the DV run. One of my favorite places to see.

:dribble: Going to Death Valley next weekend with KJ :yahoo: and I need info: on Road Conditions for:
BODFISH CALIENTE

HWY 155 ; 178

Have a nice group forming from the Central Coast :rolleyes: Hope to see more of you guy's in Beatty :yahoo:
If you have a GPS, check this out. On Bodfish-Caliente, go to this position. It's the entrance to Breckenridge Mountain.

N35 29.112 W118 31.589

Then go up the road until you get to this position.

N35 28.304 W118 34.522

That was the big bonus in the last Spank. Lisa Landry and Steve Hobart of the IBA were waiting for any nut who showed up. It was a "fun" ride, let me tellya.

Rode Caliente Bodfish a few weeks back and it was GREAT. There's been some rain lately though, so watch out for sand that might have resulted from the run off. From Bakersfield take Bena Road to Caliente Bodfish staying to the right at the fork, going through Twin Oaks and circling back around through Walker Basin, then over the hill towards Lake Isabella, through Bodfish. Lots of great roads in this area and you've picked a good one. One other note of caution, be sure to watch for cattle, as this is open range country.

Lots of great roads in this area and you've picked a good one. One other note of caution, be sure to watch for cattle, as this is open range country.
:unsure:
Last time I was up there, lots of cows and yungin's in the narrow little canyon areas .... and one HUGE bull standing on the road later on ....

Awesome road ... have fun !