Key West Spring Trip

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still 99% sure I'll go this weekend...depending on the weather, because right now it SUCKS!!!

Oh, still need a roomie for a hotel room Saturday night!
I "may" go and have a tentative kitchen pass lined up but much depends on whether I can get in @ Trumbo PT Naval Station. The trailers are full up but I wasn't able to get in contact with the Gateway Inns aka "Fly Navy" building. I also will not have my FJR but my old "brand H" bike. I need to get back down there and straighten out my base stickers for both bikes and my new-to-me '05 Dodge Magnum, so if I go I'll leave pretty early aka pre-dawn so I can get to the pass&ID office.

Shoot me you guys phone #'s via PM just in case...
PM sent. Maybe we can meet for Sat nite dinner and drinks.

If you give us enough time to make arrangements, maybe DaveB and I could head out earlier with you to give us a bit more site-seeing time Sat afternoon. I can sleep when I get home :)

Still 99% sure I'll go this weekend...depending on the weather, because right now it SUCKS!!!

Oh, still need a roomie for a hotel room Saturday night!
I "may" go and have a tentative kitchen pass lined up but much depends on whether I can get in @ Trumbo PT Naval Station. The trailers are full up but I wasn't able to get in contact with the Gateway Inns aka "Fly Navy" building. I also will not have my FJR but my old "brand H" bike. I need to get back down there and straighten out my base stickers for both bikes and my new-to-me '05 Dodge Magnum, so if I go I'll leave pretty early aka pre-dawn so I can get to the pass&ID office.

Shoot me you guys phone #'s via PM just in case...
PM sent. Maybe we can meet for Sat nite dinner and drinks.

If you give us enough time to make arrangements, maybe DaveB and I could head out earlier with you to give us a bit more site-seeing time Sat afternoon. I can sleep when I get home :)
You know me RZ...the earlier the better. I love to watch the sunrise from the road. Name your time and I'll meet you there. :)

I'm leaving early Friday to get down there and do some things during business hours on the base; I managed to get rooms for both nights on Trumbo, so walking distance to Duval.

Sunday morning I'd like to get going early again as in before sunup; not sure if this figures in to your plans, but can talk Sat nite.

My basic Duval St area plan is The Bull during the day, Alonzo's for happy hour (1/2 price appetizers) and Finegan's Wake in between...

Ok guys...just a week away from KW. I propose that anyone from the Orlando area meet at the corner of Osceola Pkwy and Michigan Ave. There's a large gas station on the southwest corner. Can't tell what it is yet, but will look it up in a bit. I'm thinking that meet time should be early, say 8am, but let me know if that's an issue for anyone. We can pick up the Turnpike just down the road and superslab it south. If Howie or anyone else from that direction is heading down, we could meet at Yeehaw Junction. From there we can head to West Palm and (hopefully) pick up Tony then continue south. Thoughts?

Dave
Dave, I was hoping to make this trip, but some issues have come up here on the home front that just haven't gone away. Hopefully I can make the next one.

Tim

<snip>
I recognize that <snip>

That's RZ350 taking back saying what a bunch of pussies we are, those of us who bailed out of this. My "weekend" of work started at 8am this morning. 11:16pm and I'm STILL working!!!

Just takin' a forum break, is all. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
<snip>
I recognize that <snip>

That's RZ350 taking back saying what a bunch of pussies we are, those of us who bailed out of this. My "weekend" of work started at 8am this morning. 11:16pm and I'm STILL working!!!

Just takin' a forum break, is all. :)
I wanted this trip SO bad, I tried up to the last minute to make it happen-

I think I sealed my fate when I unexpectantly purchased a 2nd bike two weeks ago...

The wounds are still healing :lol: Waiting for some pics to make me regret not going (Even more)

Missed a great time -I am sure...

I went down Friday morning and basically left my bike parked the entire time; I appropriated a rusty bicycle from the base and used that for transpo.

Spencer, wife Kelly, DaveB and RZ (Mark) got in last night and we phoned tagged until hook up on Duval St. Had a great time but I left early for some needed sleep.

I'd had a stressful day on Navy Beach (Truman Annex) and drinking, uh, "a few" beers at The Bull and Finnegans Wake.

Was good to hook up. I was going to ride back with RZ and Dave, but got up early and got going by 0600; saw the sun come up as I was going over the 7 mile bridge this morning.

Good run; we need to do it again. Ah, hell, I'll do it again anyway! I always have fun down there!

Of course what shoulda been a breeze coming back was fouled up by construction on the toll road; was forced over to 95 earlier than I would have...

Hey Tony, did you pick up the other bike? if not when? I'm going to Delaware next weekend for a week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went down Friday morning and basically left my bike parked the entire time; I appropriated a rusty bicycle from the base and used that for transpo.

Spencer, wife Kelly, DaveB and RZ (Mark) got in last night and we phoned tagged until hook up on Duval St. Had a great time but I left early for some needed sleep.

I'd had a stressful day on Navy Beach (Truman Annex) and drinking, uh, "a few" beers at The Bull and Finnegans Wake.

Was good to hook up. I was going to ride back with RZ and Dave, but got up early and got going by 0600; saw the sun come up as I was going over the 7 mile bridge this morning.

Good run; we need to do it again. Ah, hell, I'll do it again anyway! I always have fun down there!

Of course what shoulda been a breeze coming back was fouled up by construction on the toll road; was forced over to 95 earlier than I would have...

Hey Tony, did you pick up the other bike? if not when? I'm going to Delaware next weekend for a week.
Jim,

Glad you had a good time! I did a fly and ride on the bike... This was part of the reason that I was unable to make

the ride. Hoping to see you on a tech day soon, lets drill that tank! Now that I have a 2nd bike, I am able to get some

stuff done to the FJR.