Kickstand/centerstand

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I so damned scared of getting off of the bike w/o putting the kickstand down that I ALWAYS look down!

Yep, me too. I didn't get the stand all the way down once and dropped the bike. Only damage to my ego, thankfully.

I still have problems getting it down. I hit the center stand often, then end up looking down and making SURE I get on the side stand.

It is a bit of a problem, but I can cope. So far, anyway.

I like the non chrome extension idea, but probably would never bother with that farkle.

I learned a long time ago to always visualy check that the side-stand is fully down.

learned that lesson on a KZ-440. ( my very first MC, blue, new off the showroom)

And when it hot and I'm on ass-fault I put a four square cover under the side stand.

It doesn't take any time to be carefull.

Larry

First, leave it in gear! Secondly, look at the heel of the boot move the sidestand out AND MAKE SURE IT STAYS OUT, i.e. the knob doesn't stick to the heel and partially fold when you move you left heel...........don't ask!

I always make sure I park with attention to the angle of the roadway and I give the bike a little backwards pull to make sure the side stand is set.