Kilimanjoro 4 Jacket

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not trying to hijack the thread or anything, but I have a Kilimanjaro (not sure the number, looks like the 4 but it's a couple of years old). I love it, but it appears to be leaking even in mild rain, and it used to be so water-tight. I've washed it, but that hasn't gotten it back to water-tight. Does anyone have any ideas on this?
Wash it with Nikwax, it will restore the waterproofing without taking away the breathability.
Thank you SO much for the tip.

I'll head to the local store and get some!

Well, thanks for all the input. I ended up getting the Fieldsheer Aviator

https://tinyurl.com/y8qtvy

Insulation wise I say little diffrence between this and the HT jacket, and given the fact that I would be wearing a sweater or something underneath, I saw no reason to spend the extra money to go with the Kilimajoro jacket.

I got the 'yellow" jacket as I liked the contrast in colors and the high vis of the yellow can't hurt. I have a long ride planned tommorow, but it does not look like it will be cold enough to evaluate the new jacket.

I'll ad a report here when I get a chance to test ride the garment. Thanks all..................

KM