Kontour Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never heard of KonTour Seats either. I checked out their web site. Seems to me that the only thing missing was Billy Mays shouting at us ;) A little searching shows that the seats are pretty popular with the BMW group. Time for someone to be a guinea pig and try one! johnny?

Bummer if it gets wet though, eh? Looks like more of a material that will soak up water. In the summer, maybe you can poor ice water on it to keep your bum cool. ;)

There have been at least half a dozen entries for "best seat" for the Feej, yet one name keeps winning the prize, and many have tried the others only to get this one in the end, many dollars poorer. I'm saving my coin for the Day Long

Hopefully the pics aren't supposed to do it justice because the fit and trim on most of the pics looks like crap.

A buddy of mine with a bimmer LT brought this company to my attention a couple years ago. Unlike most seat companies, they are local here in Arizona, so a short ride would present the opportunity to see things first hand.

As mentioned above, this company is fairly popular in the kraut krap kommunity, but they are weird anyways. :p

For me, it was too much of an unknown, and waaay to pricey.

Somebody out there step up, give em a try, and report the results back here.

SkooterG Posted on Mar 16 2006, 12:05 PM<snip>

As mentioned above, this company is fairly popular in the kraut krap kommunity, but they are weird anyways. tongue.gif
For me, it was too much of an unknown, and waaay to pricey.

Somebody out there step up, give em a try, and report the results back here.
After such a "glowing endorsement" it may be a while? ;)

KonTour just emailed me a quote...$725......Yikes!!
Why bother? You already have Russell and the Mayer brothers building tried and true seats for our mount, and at reasonable prices.

Never heard of KonTour Seats either.  I checked out their web site.  Seems to me that the only thing missing was Billy Mays shouting at us  ;)   A little searching shows that the seats are pretty popular with the BMW group.  Time for someone to be a guinea pig and try one!  johnny?
There someone goes again....deriding Billy Mays.

I've said it before...I'll say it again.

Don't make Billy come over there and OxyKick your ass.

crylarfing.gif
crylarfing.gif
crylarfing.gif
crylarfing.gif
crylarfing.gif

Here's my correspondence with Kontour in an effort to get a better price in return for a written review of their product.

From Johnny to Kontour:

Not many on https://www.fjrforum.com/forum/ have heard of your product. I

wasn't able to find anyone who actually owns one. Would you consider

selling me a seat at 25% savings and in turn I will write a review of your

product?

From kontour to Johnny:

Nah, thanks anyway. 95% of our customers are BMW owners, and we're way too busy to entertain any discounts during our peak season - which is now. We occasionally do other brands, but most owners don't have the $$ for our seats, or actually spend enough hours riding to appreciate the benefits of superior materials and design.

We do offer a 10% discount for orders placed in December - our slowest month.

I'll be responding to them regarding the $$ and hours in the saddle comments.

Actually, it just sounds like somebody with plenty of work, who doesn't feel the need to expand his market. Could be shortsighted, but that's his choice... and apparently he seems happy with it. Go with a Russel or Mayer...

I'll be responding to them regarding the $$ and hours in the saddle comments.
Why, so you can get into a pissing match with someone who already doesnt want your money? I say just let them know what you think of the comment by not giving them your money.

I can't help you kids here. I like my seat just fine. Then again....give me thirty years.....I might understand what you kids are crying about.