Kontour Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those folk seriously don't want your money. It would probably hurt their rep with the beemer crowd if it were known they were "slummin' with yamaha". Oh, well, we have comment for folks like that where I come from:

"F#&K 'EM AND FEED 'EM FISH HEADS!"

Yeah if they made one for a Yammy and got a 'worst piece of crap' review, what do you think would happen to his Kraut business. :bleh:

Risky Business & what the sore ass Beemers don't know won't help them.

Those folk seriously don't want your money. It would probably hurt their rep with the beemer crowd if it were known they were "slummin' with yamaha". Oh, well, we have comment for folks like that where I come from:"F#&K 'EM AND FEED 'EM FISH HEADS!"
I LOVE this SOOO much, I'm adding it to my sigfile in honor of that great Kontourseat Arrogance Tradition.

Thank You Scab.

webBikeWorld has a review of this seat. It gives detailed info.

Doesn't say anything really positive about it. Do a search "seats" its there.

Its a good site, lots of info.

I wonder if I should tell them that my riding buddy on an 1150RT just bought a full bore Mayer saddle based on my glowing recommendation? Nah... better to let it go. :rolleyes:

webBikeWorld has a review of this seat. It gives detailed info.Doesn't say anything really positive about it. Do a search "seats" its there.

Its a good site, lots of info.
The KonTour Custom Motorcycle Seat

The most important part of the review IMO, and not a glowing report either. If it was the shizznit for the big miles, the IBR guy's lurking here would have mentioned it.

For $700 plus bucks, I say keep selling them to the people who will pay big bucks for mediocre results. It 'aint called Bring My Wallet for nothing.

To say I was excited to try it out would be an understatement. Most saddles require a “break-in” period, but the KonTour does not. It’s supposed to conform to your anatomy in about 30 minutes. The first time I tried it, I found it to be much firmer than the stock seat and very firm to hard when cold. It softens up with body heat and in cold weather they advise the owner to turn on the seat heater (if installed) for a minute or two to speed up the softening process.

I waited until I had put some miles on the seat before I wrote this review, because I wanted to have a better overall opinion of its performance. My “seat of the pants” (pun intended!) testing was very thorough, and included daily commuting through the summer and fall, consisting of a 100 mile per day, round-trip of about 50% slab and 50% back roads. I also went on some weekend outings and a two-up, two week road trip in September that covered 5,500 miles.

The temperatures included from a low of 32 degrees F with snow in Yellowstone, Wyoming to 103 hot and humid degrees F here in the Baltimore-Washington area. My longest day was 775 miles in 80 degree temps. So far I have about 13,000 miles on the seat and now feel I can report on my findings.

So, how does it “feel”? Well, the pressure in my groin is still there. But my posterior does not get as hot as before. This also means it is cooler when the ambient temperatures drop. Not a problem for those with heated seats, but could be if you don’t have one. Finally, I still get the burning sensation after a while in the seat, but it does take longer to arrive, and it still has me squirming after a couple of hours.

All told, this is not as much of an improvement as I had hoped. By the way, about that rain thing: It seems the water does run off the third layer, but the upper layers will retain water. The way I found this out was after a summer shower rolled through during the middle of the day at work and I didn’t bother to cover the seat. The seat is supposed to shed water and it would be several hours before I’d be heading home. The seat didn’t look wet, but it sure was when I headed home and so were my pants shortly after sitting down.

Last edited by a moderator:
To keep things in perspective, it took that knuckle-head 95,000 miles before he realized he wanted a better seat. :rolleyes:

If it was the shizznit for the big miles, the IBR guy's lurking here would have mentioned it.
Shhh... people will think that this forum doesn't entertain substantive new ideas and products when presented in a constructive, non-confrontational manner. :rolleyes: