laid down first time...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazymech

Reaction score
was attempting a k turn just outside my driveway with one foot on the ground... and my foot slipped and the bike came down on the left side... gently... but the asphalt was unforgiving and I have scratched my stator cover. ...and as luck would have it, it was only today that I decided I needed the saddle bags and yes, the left one has scratches on it too...

...any ideas how I can correct these stupid mistakes? ...apart from being more careful in future of course!!!

P.S. ... yes, I already have the sliders... but they are still sitting in the packaging they came in! ...https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//style_emoticons/default/blink.gif

was attempting a k turn just outside my driveway with one foot on the ground... and my foot slipped and the bike came down on the left side... gently... but the asphalt was unforgiving and I have scratched my stator cover. ...and as luck would have it, it was only today that I decided I needed the saddle bags and yes, the left one has scratches on it too......any ideas how I can correct these stupid mistakes? ...apart from being more careful in future of course!!!

P.S. ... yes, I already have the sliders... but they are still sitting in the packaging they came in! ...https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//style_emoticons/default/blink.gif
Go under members and look for Garauld. He does an excellent job on painting the side bags and pretty much anything feejer related. You will have to ship hime the parts. As far as the stator cover goes you may want to live with it.

Sorry about your new feej.

was attempting a k turn just outside my driveway with one foot on the ground... and my foot slipped and the bike came down on the left side... gently... but the asphalt was unforgiving and I have scratched my stator cover. ...and as luck would have it, it was only today that I decided I needed the saddle bags and yes, the left one has scratches on it too......any ideas how I can correct these stupid mistakes? ...apart from being more careful in future of course!!!

I scratched my stator cover and found a real close match paint at Auto Zone. USed real fine sand paper to remove the scratch, taped up the area real good and painted it. You cannot tell unless you are looking very close. As a matter of fact, I forgot about it until I saw your post. I will see if I still have the paint and give you the number. As far as the saddle bag, I got lucky when I dropped mine, it was on a gravel road and did not really do any damage.

I feel your pain.....I dropped my 09 after 2000km's, on the left side. Scratched the mirror all to hell, the starter cover and the bag. Also put a deep stractch on the right hand side of the tank when my knee hit my heated vest cord which rubbed against the tank. Since I had only a $300.00 insurance deductable I am electing to get it take care of professionally. Seperated my shoulder too...........I was glad I got my first fall out of the way but why did I have to do it in a parking lot....full of HD riders no less :blush:

Been there, done that....twice.

The good news was the first time was the day after I installed the sliders.

The bike is heavy, and once it gets to the "point of no return" there is not much you can do

but try to help it down gentlly.

I have not bothered to do any repairs or touch up on mine yet, I guess I feel it is my badge of honor. (And it is a constant reminder to be alot more carefull)

KM

Been there, done that....twice.
The good news was the first time was the day after I installed the sliders.

The bike is heavy, and once it gets to the "point of no return" there is not much you can do

but try to help it down gentlly.

I have not bothered to do any repairs or touch up on mine yet, I guess I feel it is my badge of honor. (And it is a constant reminder to be alot more carefull)

KM
+1 on all points 'cept had the sliders awhile

once doing a U turn in the grass at the end of a driveway which ended going into a yard and once in a Waffle House parking lot with AIW on the back.