Lake tahoe Loop May 12th 2007

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may join you guys in Jackson and bail at hwy 89 or hwy 88 for the ruturn home. Need to keep the rides fairly local til the shoulder gets a little better. Any clue what time you might be rolling through Jackson?
no idea really, i will have to throw that one over to John for his expertise.

Richard

I may join you guys in Jackson and bail at hwy 89 or hwy 88 for the ruturn home. Need to keep the rides fairly local til the shoulder gets a little better. Any clue what time you might be rolling through Jackson?
no idea really, i will have to throw that one over to John for his expertise.

Richard
Well, lots of variables, ..but 260miles into the ride when arriving at Jackson ....on the roads shown that could take up to 7hours ...fast riders can do it under, but i don't see anyone doing that stretch of the ride in under 6hours. How aggressive, how many stops, how many slow cars, ...those thing will dictate. So add those hours to whatever the "start time" is for a ball-park Jackson arrival time

Last edited by a moderator:
TWN

Well, split it up. My house on 11th, ride on 12th, ride home 13th...I have to be in Costa Mesa on the 13th so I'll ride back with ya.

TWN
Well, split it up. My house on 11th, ride on 12th, ride home 13th...I have to be in Costa Mesa on the 13th so I'll ride back with ya.
Andrew i hope you are gonna stop by and say hi, hope long are you gonna be down here? :dribble:

i will be home Monday night

Richard

You folks have a good time. I was just told that I have company showing up on the 11th. When I said that was an even better reason to leave it didn't meet with a good response. :angry2:

TWN
Andrew i hope you are gonna stop by and say hi, hope long are you gonna be down here? :dribble:

Richard
I am in Costa Mesa for the entire week.

My agenda is fairly full...I haven't decided if I will ride or Fly...riding seems much more fun

TWN
I'm out... besides the ribs, I've committed to working 5/12 while the rest of my cohorts are off to Vegas for the industry convention.

This looks like a fun ride. Haven't decided if I want to get up really early and do the whole run or hook up with you guys at some point en route. The boss is peripherally aware there's a ride next Saturday -- She's usually okay with me going out to play, but that'll be 3 weekends in a row gone riding all day Saturday. Barring home meltdown, I'm in for all or part of a spirited ride...

Thanks,

RsvlFeej

Sounds like that would put you in Jackson about 3pm if you stop for lunch. With all the variables I think it best I pass on this one. Can't wait to get all betterer and ride the big loops with the big boys again. Have fun gentlemen. BTW FWIW CHP likes that little strip of Hwy 49 between Mokelumne Hill and San Andreas. :ph34r:

TWN

Richard
I am in Costa Mesa for the entire week.

My agenda is fairly full...I haven't decided if I will ride or Fly...riding seems much more fun
well if you ride I (and probably barabus) will be free to ride anytime so just let me know.

Richard

Well i just checked the weather for next Saturday and it looks like it is gonna be fantastic.

Are we there yet???????????????

John what are your thoughts on the start time?

Skyway are you gonna show?

We are less than a weel away now so would like to get an idea of who is gonna show.

Let me know guys.

R

This does sound like fun.

I, however, am shampooing the living room carpet, cause Sunday the 13th is Mother's Day.

So - I'm having my own fun.... in a ..... well..., ah, ....... oh, screw it.

Think she'd notice if I wasn't here for dinner?

I, however, am shampooing the living room carpet, cause Sunday the 13th is Mother's Day.

Probably not.

R

Probably not.

R
Oh, now, THAT's not very nice !!!

:rofl: :lol2: :rofl: :lol2:

H