Last minute call for help/advice

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buf2phx

Reaction score
The owner of the shop where I was going to have my tires mounted had a death in the family. Since I've already run the front tire longer than I should have, I'd really like to get them mounted tomorrow like I had planned. If anyone has the equipment and the time, or a shop you can recommend in the west valley, I'd really appreciate it. I already have the tires, and was planning to just bring the wheels to the shop. Thanks.

Mike

I was quoted $25 per wheel mount and balance (off bike) at Cyclezone in Glendale.

User Maffud mentioned the same price at North Valley Honda (I think).

I'll end up using one of these two shops when I get my tires changed in the next couple of weeks.

Last year I paid $15 at Psykotic Cykles in Peoria. That was for my Seca II, but they didn't ask what kind of bike when they quoted me the price. They did a nice job. No scratches on the wheel. If I don't get any volunteers to help, I think I'm gonna go to Ride Now in Goodyear. Same price as you mentioned--$25 per wheel.

Mike

User Maffud mentioned the same price at North Valley Honda (I think).
That's right. I didn't mention it here because it's not in the West Valley.

It was $25 OTD the last time I used them, but I have to admit that was in 2008.

I would normally love to help, but my Harbor Freight tire changer is at a friend's house in Casa Grande. So it's a big production for me to change tires that requires some planning.

Thanks Greg, I'll be sure to give more notice next time. ;) Got the Pirelli Angels mounted at Ride Now in Goodyear with only two minor snags, only one of which was their fault. The Ride Now snag was that they did the job too quickly. Normally I wouldn't complain about that, but a more accurate estimate of time would have saved me a drive home & back. They told me 90 minutes, and they were done in under 45. The other problem is that the 90 degree valve stems I bought don't fit the FJR wheels. Unfortunately, Ride Now doesn't stock 90 degree stems, so I'm stuck with straight rubber stems until the next tire change. Not the end of the world, but still kind of annoying.

So far I'm loving the Angels. It feels like a totally different bike. Not sure if that's because the Angels are superior to the stock Metzlers, or just that new tires feel so much better than spent tires. :yahoo:

Mike

Get the 90's from BIKE EFFECTS.

A lot of us use them and they fit.

Joe

Yeah, I remembered about Bike Effects the day after I placed my order with Dennis Kirk. Called to cancel, but it was too late. To add insult to injury, I paid more for stems that don't fit than I will for the Bike Effects stems that will. Just pissed that I have to deal with straight valve stems til the next tire change. :angry: Which for me isn't nearly as frequent as many forum members. I got 15k out of the stock Metzlers. :yahoo:

Mike

Yeah, I remembered about Bike Effects the day after I placed my order with Dennis Kirk. Called to cancel, but it was too late. To add insult to injury, I paid more for stems that don't fit than I will for the Bike Effects stems that will. Just pissed that I have to deal with straight valve stems til the next tire change. :angry: Which for me isn't nearly as frequent as many forum members. I got 15k out of the stock Metzlers. :yahoo:
Mike
I've found DK's customer service very good and would have no qualms calling them to explain what happened with the stems and your wish to send them back for a refund

I used to purposely use their matching price when >$100 policy for tires and shocks etc a number of times.

Wish it had gone smoother for you but glad you are back on the road as you desired

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'

Wish I could get prices like that $25 bux. I'm getting my own tire macine for next year. I have to pay $65 for the front and $75 for the rear. Totally pissed at those prices and they said they were giving me a break since I'm a friend of the mechaninc. That's pricing on the bike. It's only $10 discount if you bring the tires in off the bike. They also quoted me $275 for the rear PR2 rear and $235 for the PR2 front tire. At least I save some money by getting both tires from Derby Cycles $235 for the set and free shipping.