Latest list of riders for 13 April B2B Extreme run

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbodave_98

TurboDave_98
Reaction score
This is the latest list of riders as of 16 March 2007:

TurboDave

Skyway

Kaitsdad

BlueStreek

Minuteman

[email protected]

RenoJohn

Beeroux(official starter of the run)

I think Fairlaner, Barabus, tcfj and TWN plan on being there for the start?? Please advise if you want rooms also.

If this is incorrect, please let us all know by posting on this thread. I checked out the border at Calexico and it looks like a very simple entry and exit of Mexico. I spoke with a Border Officer and he suggested using the New crossing seven miles east of the existing old crossing. He said less traffic. He said crossing at 0600 will not be lengthy.

I am taking the job to reserve rooms in Calexico probably at the Best Western Inn. I plan on getting double bed rooms. If you want to make your own reservationslet me know. I am staying for one night on 12 April. Skyway and I will share the room.

It has been discussed that we will do a weather check 0n Tuesday 9 April to see how the snow and sleet looks like for the Idaho Montana Canada region. If it looks bad we will discuss if we want to delay the start. If it looks acceptable then we will gather down in Calexico on afternoon of 12 April.

Please advise receipt and understanding of this message.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the latest list of riders as of 16 March 2007:
TurboDave

Skyway

Kaitsdad

BlueStreek

Minuteman

[email protected]

RenoJohn

Beeroux(official starter of the run)

I think Fairlaner, Barabus, tcfj and TWN plan on being there for the start?? Please advise if you want rooms also.

If this is incorrect, please let us all know by posting on this thread. I checked out the border at Calexico and it looks like a very simple entry and exit of Mexico. I spoke with a Border Officer and he suggested using the New crossing seven miles east of the existing old crossing. He said less traffic. He said crossing at 0600 will not be lengthy.

I am taking the job to reserve rooms in Calexico probably at the Best Western Inn. I plan on getting double bed rooms. If you want to make your own reservationslet me know. I am staying for one night on 12 April. Skyway and I will share the room.

It has been discussed that we will do a weather check 0n Tuesday 9 April to see how the snow and sleet looks like for the Idaho Montana Canada region. If it looks bad we will discuss if we want to delay the start. If it looks acceptable then we will gather down in Calexico on afternoon of 12 April.

Received.

I'll bunk with Beeroux - put him in my room. (Hope he doesn't snore)

Dave,

Since you are bunking with Skyway, I will bunk with your friends in your avatar. I will take a room, too. Thanks. I am tempted to run this, but don't know enough about it. Maybe next one.

Barry

Received.

I'll bunk with Beeroux - put him in my room. (Hope he doesn't snore)

Yea, but what about you? I'm a light sleeper, if I can't sleep.................... :assassin:

GZ

Hmmm. Me thinks the Candy Butt Association is going to be well funded when this ride is over! :rolleyes:

So -

There we are in Coutts, Alberta, Canada. It's Sunday morning, about 24 hours after finishing the B2B Insanity ride.

Anyone want to join me on a BBG to Tulsa, Oklahoma? If we left Coutts at 6:00 AM Sunday, we could check into a hotel in Tulsa about 4:30 AM on Monday.

Rest up a few hours, then head on to Ozone, Arkansas to visit 3 of my uncles that live there. The hop from Tulsa to Ozone would be a short 200 miles or so. Monday afternoon.

Spend a day there, then a BBG back to the LA area on Wednesday.

Whatchya all think? (besides the obvious)

That's only about 4700 miles in 6 days, counting the two layover days.

And right now, sitting here in this chair, I actually think I could do this. Seriously.

So -
There we are in Coutts, Alberta, Canada. It's Sunday morning, about 24 hours after finishing the B2B Insanity ride.

Anyone want to join me on a BBG to Tulsa, Oklahoma? If we left Coutts at 6:00 AM Sunday, we could check into a hotel in Tulsa about 4:30 AM on Monday.

Rest up a few hours, then head on to Ozone, Arkansas to visit 3 of my uncles that live there. The hop from Tulsa to Ozone would be a short 200 miles or so. Monday afternoon.

Spend a day there, then a BBG back to the LA area on Wednesday.

Whatchya all think? (besides the obvious)

That's only about 4700 miles in 6 days, counting the two layover days.

And right now, sitting here in this chair, I actually think I could do this. Seriously.
the obvious being that you FUCKING CRAZY. :dribble:

R

Hal's not crazy, he's just building up his muscels for the mother of all LDR rides......You go Hal! PM. <>< :bb2:

There's another possibility - if anyone is interested -

And this one would be weather permitting -

Coutts is only 2200 miles from Fairbanks - and It would be a hoot to drop in on my brother - Of course, the return trip from Fairbanks to LA might be a bit much -

Hmmmm....... to quote SkooterG - "Things that make you say "Hmmmmmm......." "

And yes, Richard, I am. ;)

I checked out the border at Calexico and it looks like a very simple entry and exit of Mexico. I spoke with a Border Officer and he suggested using the New crossing seven miles east of the existing old crossing. He said less traffic. He said crossing at 0600 will not be lengthy.I am taking the job to reserve rooms in Calexico probably at the Best Western Inn. I plan on getting double bed rooms. If you want to make your own reservationslet me know. I am staying for one night on 12 April. Skyway and I will share the room.

Dave, Nice to hear of your conversation with the border officer. Interesting on the "new" crossing 7 miles east. I'll have to check it out and make sure I know where it is. Good call on getting that info -sounds great.

- I still plan on getting to Mexicali and staying at the Hotel Colonial. It'll save me the trouble of crossing an extra two times. Not sure where this is in relation to the "New" crossing but I'll get that all figured out and possibly change lodging plans if need be. Wherever you guys come across I'll be waiting for you. Works great for me if I blend in with you guys at the border -I'll get less questions when I come across. Likely they'll think I just entered too! LOL. When you say 0600 i'm assuming that is when you hope to start north across the border?. Earlier the better, IMO every early minute means one less minute through the dark cold of the northern stretch :)

- I'll PM you and trade some contact information and I'll contact you on the 9th or 10th to see if everything is still a "go". At that time I'll be heading north, near Guadalajara -hopefully with fresh rear rubber. Helps me a bunch to know if this is a "no go" as my route/timing will change considerably.

- TCFJR: I'm pretty sure I'll carry my cold weather gear with me. Hate to take so much stuff, but I'll be self sufficient and one less thing to coordinate. Who knows, I may be glad I have it at some point. Thanks for the offer though.

- Gunna be challenge, I'll be on the well farkled strom with 175mile (brisk pace) range! Got my 8 gas stops already waypointed -not much buffer for me ..either border crossing being slow will hurt.

Thanks for all ..... renoJuan :)

:rolleyes: Okay Guys Im still in and wont mind sharing a room. Who's left ? that dosent have a room.

Hey Dave when you leaving on the 12th, would like to rideup with ya.

Hey Hal just got a DVD called " Long Way Round " Two friends one extraordinary journey around the world. Great movie. Goes through Fairbanks.

Barry you going ride with us ?

Looking forward to the ride. Dan

:rolleyes: Okay Guys Im still in and wont mind sharing a room. Who's left ? that dosent have a room.Hey Dave when you leaving on the 12th, would like to rideup with ya.

Hey Hal just got a DVD called " Long Way Round " Two friends one extraordinary journey around the world. Great movie. Goes through Fairbanks.

Barry you going ride with us ?

Looking forward to the ride. Dan

Curious but not committed. Maybe I'll just have to be happy running the local canyon roads with Tim and Richard on the way down to meet everyone.