LED Brake Lights

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C J

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a source for aftermarket LED tail lights? I have recently acquired a 04' and the visibility from behind at night is a bit dim for my taste. I have been searching around and can not find a good source. I am hoping that someone out there knows of a reputable source or has experience in changing out the rear lighting assembly.

Thanks!

I did a write-up in January on one batch and the general issues with LED over incandescent here.

On my DR I was dissatisfied with the stock stuff, so I added one of these.

509164228_qezKb-M.jpg

Probably THE brightest LED stop light you can install before you PoPo's pull you over. When I have someone pull up behind me, their entire car REFLECTS red. THEY ARE AWESOME!

I put them on the front as well. Amber, though, isnt nearly as bright.

509178525_BaH6T-M.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If Gillafunk's setup isn't bright enough, I have the Whelen dual head light bar (Dominator-2) mounted on mine . . . I pulled out Whelen's factory flasher (because it doesn't have a steady burn mode) and used a brake light flasher I found on Ebay for $16 or so delivered. Twice the already mucho bright light of the single and I drilled no holes whatsoever to mount it!!!:

And if that isn't bright enough, they sell a TIR6 with 6 Leds in each and a lightbar version (the Dominator Plus series))!!

For the front side I have a comagination headlight modulator and Hella Micro-DE Xenon driving lights:

I did a write-up in January on one batch and the general issues with LED over incandescent here.
That was a very impressive write up. I will continue to check out the others suggestion but it sounds like the way to go is with the stock set of lights.

Did you mount your hyper lights to the license plate assembly or did you replace the side reflectors in the back?

I can't speak for Matt, but when I mounted my HyperLites I removed the rear side reflectors and mounted them on the flat bracket that remained.

Here's a reference page: https://www.webbikeworld.com/lights/

Stay away from the cheaper ones at the auto parts store. They just don't have a huge difference between light output of the running and brake lights.

I wouldn't have thought the brake lights were related, but while I had the cheapos installed, would occasionally get a the ABS light to come on after using the brakes. That hasn't happened since I went back to incandescent bulbs.