LED Tail Light

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven57

Reaction score
Has anyone tore apart their tail light assy to install Chrome Glow 48 LED bulbs. They need a 2" hole to go thru. 2004 FJR doesn't have that so tearing the assy out and apart seems to be the only way to do it. Supposedly the LED are more than twice as bright as stock with much less wattage use.

Has anyone tore apart their tail light assy to install Chrome Glow 48 LED bulbs. They need a 2" hole to go thru. 2004 FJR doesn't have that so tearing the assy out and apart seems to be the only way to do it. Supposedly the LED are more than twice as bright as stock with much less wattage use.
I haven't yet but im looking into it and will probably install some type of red LED's in a few weeks.... If you get some post it up... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I put one of the license plate frames with an LED bar on my bike and hooked it up to only come on when braking. Also have a Signal Dynamics flaser module so it will flash three short and one long, my brakelight works like normal. I've had a lot of comments from people about how it gets their attention. Also added the reflective stickers that turn from black to silver metallic when head lights hit them, on my saddle bags. Anything to wake up the guy in the car behind me.

I put one of the license plate frames with an LED bar on my bike and hooked it up to only come on when braking. Also have a Signal Dynamics flaser module so it will flash three short and one long, my brakelight works like normal. I've had a lot of comments from people about how it gets their attention. Also added the reflective stickers that turn from black to silver metallic when head lights hit them, on my saddle bags. Anything to wake up the guy in the car behind me.
Scubabiker,Where did you purchase the license plate frame with the LED bar and how much was the cost? And how did you hook it up?