Leftover '07 AE'S

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cavy

Reaction score
I am in the Phoenix, AZ area and looking at purchasing an AE. None of the local dealers have or even seem interested in bringing in an '08 AE.

All they want to sell me is a leftover '07. There are several of these available in the showrooms. I read somewhere on this forum that the dealers may be buying them at an auction of unwanted inventory from dealers around the country? I don't really like the '07AE color and would like to see the '08 in person

but I'm sure they want to sell all the '07s first. Any body got an idea what the dealers might be paying for these leftovers? With the '09s not too far off I would think they must be getting them cheap? The local dealer is still asking MSRP for an '07. It seems it won't be long before there will probably be leftover '08s. I'm totally confused. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks

With the economy as it is I would not pay list for anything. They can cut you a deal. I got an 08A in Texas for about 1500 off msrp.

I am in the Phoenix, AZ area and looking at purchasing an AE. None of the local dealers have or even seem interested in bringing in an '08 AE.All they want to sell me is a leftover '07. There are several of these available in the showrooms. I read somewhere on this forum that the dealers may be buying them at an auction of unwanted inventory from dealers around the country? I don't really like the '07AE color and would like to see the '08 in person

but I'm sure they want to sell all the '07s first. Any body got an idea what the dealers might be paying for these leftovers? With the '09s not too far off I would think they must be getting them cheap? The local dealer is still asking MSRP for an '07. It seems it won't be long before there will probably be leftover '08s. I'm totally confused. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks
Hello Cavy,

I'm in Ca and just picked up and 07 AE for $12,999 (otd) that's arond 11 and change for the bike. You might be able to do better with the economy and all but definately dont pay MSRP!!

Good luck!

I am in the Phoenix, AZ area and looking at purchasing an AE. None of the local dealers have or even seem interested in bringing in an '08 AE.All they want to sell me is a leftover '07. There are several of these available in the showrooms. I read somewhere on this forum that the dealers may be buying them at an auction of unwanted inventory from dealers around the country? I don't really like the '07AE color and would like to see the '08 in person

Have you checked on cycletrader?

when I was looking for an '08A there were '07AEs out there.

Lee

While a lot of people who own them seem to swear by them, dealers apparently find them hard to move. When I bought my 07 A in April of this year they were almost begging me to test ride the 07 AE that they had in stock. They would have sold it to me for $1,000 less than the A, $10,999 (plus tax/lic.). MSRP for last year's model in this economy is laughable. Get comparables from CycleTrader.com and make them match the best price you can find in the general proximity of your dealer.

Dude!

Where ya shopping? Must be one of the RideNow dealers if they are asking MSRP for an 07. And just cause it's an 07 doesn't mean they got it at auction somewhere else.

Expand your horizons, and your search. Back on '04, I went all the way to Deming, NM to get my FJR just to avoid the BS that most Phoenix dealers try to shovel.

Shop around. If you get a leftover 07, it should be discounted. If you really want an 08, expand your shopping area.

For MSRP they will sell you an '08 - why would you even consider MSRP for a year-old machine - would they take your used '07 in trade at the same price as an '08 that was put on the road at the same time?

And even if you were offered an '08 at MSRP you would probably still save nucho dineros by buying from D&H and having the machine shipped to you.

If you do, be certain to go by these potential bloodsuckers and let them know how they drove your business out of state,