Leo Vince

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galxy5

galxy5
Reaction score
I am swapping out my stock cans for the Leo Vince stainless ,,

is there anyone using these ,, if so ,, how did your install go ,, any suggestions ??

I am swapping out my stock cans for the Leo Vince stainless ,, is there anyone using these
I am running the Leo Vince slip-ons..... but they are the SBK Titanium Racing ovals..... :D

yamaha_yzf-r1_6998.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Galxy 5

Out and in, not a problem.

The stock cans come out easily. If you're lucky, the graphite gaskets will come out with them. (You don't need replacement gaskets for the LVs).

The LVs come with assorted hardware (bolts and spacers) but you may want to stick to the original Yammy stuff. On the RH a spacer may be needed where the bracket attaches to the bike to maintain the necessary clearance.

You will see that most of the time it takes to install them (15 mins) will be taken up by aligning them properly.

Have fun ;)

Stef

I am swapping out my stock cans for the Leo Vince stainless ,, is there anyone using these
I am running the Leo Vince slip-ons..... but they are the SBK Titanium Racing ovals..... :D
I have the Leo Vince's on order from SBE. I have heard the most difficult part of the install is getting the stickers off the metal. NO FREE Advertising for me ;)

There is no way that is WC's actual bike. I've seen pics of his FJR and it is filthy :lol:

I have the Leo Vince's on order from SBE. I have heard the most difficult part of the install is getting the stickers off the metal. NO FREE Advertising for me ;)

There is no way that is WC's actual bike. I've seen pics of his FJR and it is filthy :lol:
Removing the stickers is not bad, really. The whole install is easy, but it takes a few minutes with a hair dryer to get the stickers off.

thanks for the info ,, I am getting mine through Gary at University Motors ,, most excelent price ,,

I was concerned about the name plates ,, now that I know they are stickers and not riveted plates there should be no problems ,,

thanks again

BTW ,, you guys line stuff up so it matches ???? :haha:

There is no way that is WC's actual bike.  I've seen pics of his FJR and it is filthy :lol:
That's because it's actually used. Driveway jewlery, it is not.

My R1, OTOH, I do take some pains to keep pretty. It helps that it doesn't get anywhere near the mileage the XX and FJR tend to accumulate.

Actual photo of the Leo Vince SBKs on my R1:

LeoVince1.jpg

Shit! Lookit that rear tire, wouldja?! Ya do know that thing can turn left and right, doncha? ;) :D
I bet he's gonna tell us it is the lighting, or shadow or something making that tire look square. ;) ;) ;)

Evidently neither of you gentlemen know what the steppes of southeastern Washington state are like. :lol:

Evidently neither of you gentlemen know what the steppes of southeastern Washington state are like. :lol:
Damn, is that it? Hell, I thought you were gonna post a piccie of a righteous smoke spewing burnout! Bummer. :(

Eastern Washington is alot like Southern Idaho and most of Nevada. You celebrate a 45 degree turn in the road by using your turn signal! ;)