LeoVince '06 exhaust

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Holeshot slip ons. Noise: They're loud.

Remember that these "cans" have a fiberglass packing and will get louder as they age.
This is why I'm interested in the LeoVince slip-ons. They come with removeable silencers so I can quiet things down further if I need/want to.

Also, it was my understanding that the Holeshot and LeoVince slip-ons do not have any type of packing inside and therefore won't ever have to be "re-packed" to maintain their silencing capabilities. Is this wrong?

Ya know, you guys could surf on over to cbrxx.com and keep an eyeball on the GB thread that's going on... This *might* give you an idea what to expect. Then again, it *might* not... ;)

do you know which site it is? there are a few, and i don't see a GB for exhaust on the ones i found.

edit- never mind, i'm an idiot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remember that these "cans" have a fiberglass packing and will get louder as they age.
This is why I'm interested in the LeoVince slip-ons. They come with removeable silencers so I can quiet things down further if I need/want to.

Also, it was my understanding that the Holeshot and LeoVince slip-ons do not have any type of packing inside and therefore won't ever have to be "re-packed" to maintain their silencing capabilities. Is this wrong?
Yes, I believe it is. I had a set of Leo Vince Carbon Fibers and they do indeed have packing as well as the removable baffle "tip". I think the same holds true for the Holeshots, but I don't think they have the removable silencer. The only slip-ons I know of that are 100% mechanical (no packing) are Staintunes. There may be others. Had a set on my 03' and they were very nice as were the Leo's. I'm sure you'll be happy whichever way you decide to go.

Yes, I believe it is. I had a set of Leo Vince Carbon Fibers and they do indeed have packing as well as the removable baffle "tip". I think the same holds true for the Holeshots, but I don't think they have the removable silencer. The only slip-ons I know of that are 100% mechanical (no packing) are Staintunes. There may be others. Had a set on my 03' and they were very nice as were the Leo's. I'm sure you'll be happy whichever way you decide to go.
With regard to the LeoVince slip-ons you had, was the packing "re-packable"? The reason I'm asking is because I received an email from one of their sales managers in reply to my inquiry as to whether they had a slip-on for the '06 and if so do they need to be "re-packed". He said that they were now available and they didn't need to be repacked. I wonder if this is a new design or is it that when they need re-packing, you have to replace them instead.

Sounds like you guys are going to get a Great Deal ! IT IS TRUE "TIMEING IS EVERYTHING" as I will be taking delivery of my

LV's tomorrow. I wish I would have waited a little more-but..... I had talked w/Jeff from sportbikeeffects & he had sold a pair to

a guy putting them on an ' 06. The report back from that guy was Very positive about fit .That's why I went ahead & bought them

for my '06A. Hope the Ti's are worth the extra ! Sliick2 Good Luck guys ! :rolleyes:

Sounds like you guys are going to get a Great Deal ! IT IS TRUE "TIMEING IS EVERYTHING" as I will be taking delivery of myLV's tomorrow. I wish I would have waited a little more-but..... I had talked w/Jeff from sportbikeeffects & he had sold a pair to

a guy putting them on an ' 06. The report back from that guy was Very positive about fit .That's why I went ahead & bought them

for my '06A. Hope the Ti's are worth the extra ! Sliick2 Good Luck guys ! :rolleyes:
Do you know whether the ones you are getting for your '06 ever need to be re-packed or are the baffles mechanical?

Do you know whether the ones you are getting for your '06 ever need to be re-packed or are the baffles mechanical?
To my knowledge, the only aftermarket pipes that never need re-packing are the Staintunes, because they use the "steel wool" type of packing (that is used in the Blackbird's stock pipes and I believe might also be in the FJR stock pipes... not 100% sure about the latter, though.)

With regard to the LeoVince slip-ons you had, was the packing "re-packable"? The reason I'm asking is because I received an email from one of their sales managers in reply to my inquiry as to whether they had a slip-on for the '06 and if so do they need to be "re-packed". He said that they were now available and they didn't need to be repacked. I wonder if this is a new design or is it that when they need re-packing, you have to replace them instead.
I didn't have them long enough to need re-packing. I think the way one would re-pack them is to drill out the rivets on the endcap, repack and re-rivet. Again, you may never need to do it. The sound does change somewhat as time/miles rack up.

That has not been my experience.

I have about 90,000 miles on my Holeshot slip-ons, and I don't think they are any louder than when new. Or if they are, not much. Will have to do a comparison sometime with some new one's to be sure. I recently talked to Dale Walker, and he says that while there are all kinds of factors affecting the necessity for re-packing, the original packing should last a loooong time. He rarely gets any back for repacking, and knows of many with 75,000+ miles.

YMMV.

When/If the GB happens; will it be posted in a new thread or announced in this one? The scheckels are coming together for a full system to go with the PC III. The time of year is even right! I'g getting a live chicken to sacrifice to the MC Gods today!

Is a 4 into 1 really going to be available? :dribble: :dribble: :dribble: Looks like they're all 2 x 2 into 1 on the website.
Bad news for those who can't make up their mind... BOTH versions will be offered in the Muzzy!

Duel slip-ons will be offered....

Full systems with duel slip-ons will be offered....

Full systems with SINGLE-sided exhaust will also be offered....

For the MUZZY kits: The prices for the '03-'05 bikes will be lower then the same systems for '06-07 bikes.
I'm interested in the Muzzy full system w/ dual cannisters. I'm bumping this to the top since the "week" is now upon us. :dribble:

BUMP

i too have interest in this buy, damn my wife is getting expensive

for every farkle i buy, she gets to buy

gots to do what ya gots to do

so is there any new news?????

inquiring minds want to know

peace all

tony

cbrxx.com GB starts tomorrow according to the latest posting there. Could ours be far behind? :hyper:

cbrxx.com GB starts tomorrow according to the latest posting there. Could ours be far behind? :hyper:

Not at the rate it's going, no...... :angry:

I have been diseased so badly by this flu bug these past few days, I am behind getting this motherfucker together... :angry:

So I tried to put the web app together last night in between bouts of throwing up quarts of yellow-mustard bile and hacking up gallons of green sputum that has the look and texture of congealed cement mix...

And since I had a raging 101.7-degree temperature while coding late into the evening (down from a high of 104-degrees in the late afternoon), guess what? I guess I wasn't seeing too well, because there are website errors all over the motherfucking place!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

So now you fuckers can just goddamn WAIT until the shit is right. You MIGHT see the GB get started tomorrow. And you MIGHT not.

And if I hear any more motherfucking whiney-gash crying out of ANYONE'S dripping snatch, I will fucking eliminate your dumb-ass from participating in this Group Buy.

Are we hearing me loud and clear, ladies?

This thread is now CLOSED, before I start to cop a bad attitude, and have go Skyway on your ass! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.