Let me break the news

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrangevaleFJR

R.I.P. Our FJR Riding Friend
Reaction score
CISCO used to have an '05 FJR. Then he an his wife had a 2nd kid and priorities shifted and he sold it. I was dismayed that by buddy sold his FJR. We got our bikes on the same day and shared our first ever FJR group ride together. Some of you met him (Zac and Donna) on the Yosemite ride and many of you take your FJR's in for his team to service at Roseville Yamaha (the best FJR service department around).

Well, the guy that bought his bike is moving to Oregon and says to Zac, yeah, I'm gonna sell it because I'm a fair weather rider. I wasn't going to point out that the sun shines in Oregon sometimes. So Zac aka CISCO on this forum bought his FJR back and more of this will be happening soon! :) :) :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :drinks:

July05107.jpg

IM001746.jpg

IM001741.jpg

DSC00993.jpg

Yer lucky you put the women in them pics.....you guys are awfully "friendly" looking.

Sure am glad I moved to the dry side Oregon. I wouldn't want to sell the bike. Welcome back to FJRville :D

Good stuff O'vale. I won't make any jokes about it, this time.. it's nice to get a friend back on bikes again.

Great news. So -- now that he's an FJR owner again, is he coming to FODS, and if so, on what?

I need to get in to see him about the luggage rack recall fix, too.

Great news. So -- now that he's an FJR owner again, is he coming to FODS, and if so, on what?
Luggage rack recall? I know of the Yamaha Top Box recall, but not the luggage rack recall...did I miss something?

Luggage rack recall? I know of the Yamaha Top Box recall, but not the luggage rack recall...did I miss something?
No -- I mis-spoke -- same thing. Part of the fix is a new luggage rack attachment and a plate on the top box, IIRC from the service bulletin.

Yer lucky you put the women in them pics.....you guys are awfully "friendly" looking.
Yep, we PT cruisers.
Well...that just aboot seals it fer me. Yer on Shaky Ground odot.

Impeachment vote anyone??

:jester:
Uh...what office does Odot hold? I thought he was automatically impeached because he likes the Dallas Stars. :nhl_checking:
I think he's head of the State of Intoxication ! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
It's always nice when the service manager rides an FJR because then he cannot deny the ticking. He's gonna want his fixed too.

It's always nice when the service manager rides an FJR because then he cannot deny the ticking. He's gonna want his fixed too.
You got it. Zac treats FJRs superbly. Roseville Yamaha is the place to take the FJR in Northern Cali. When you are riding through, you know where to get your mid ride service :)

Aha!!! So ends the search for a "good used first-gen FZ-1". Congrats to Zac and welcome back. Und zo, ve kan eggspect to zee him on zum rrrydes, hmmm? If he can schedule some time to ridy when he's not working on bikes........

Er...Roseville Yamaha is already THE place to take your FJR in NorCal (at least, the Sacramento Valley Region). Rick-in-sac and Highlander (and others) have had tickers repaired by Zac's techs. He knows the symptoms and knows the Yamaha system and because of the quality individual he is, "denial" isn't in his mindset. LastChance has recently posted about his good experience with the Yamaha topcase repair (and others are in line).

I concur with O'vale, if you will be travelling through the Sac area and will need tires or service, call Roseville Yamaha and appoint ahead of time. They are the best!