Lets have fun - YOU tell me how to spend my money

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stretch the swingarm300 back tire (for touring of course)

Nos

blower

tv's in the mirrors

Ipod mount with 18 inch subs where your hardbags used to be

28 inch Spinner rims

Chop the gas tank down to 2 gallons, use excess space for beer cooler

Gold Winshield

Panda skin seat

2 million candlepower headlight

Hire the real Ed Hardy for paintwork

Yeah yeah...................you stole that idea from "Pimp my bike"

Well, I just got my "new" '07, and I am very impressed as I posted elsewhere. So far, it doesn't seem to need much, but my list is growing:

Upgrade the seat (which one?)

Need more lights for visibility (I do this to all bikes)

Crash bars from racing 905 & rear sliders from Bike Design

GPS mount

Battery Tender harness

Heavier bar end weights (sliders), I'm getting the Salamanders to kill vibrations

Tank protection or film

G2 throttle and reduce return tension (and increase idle speed)

Re-loctite the saddlebag latch screws (never trust it was done right before you)

Upgrade windshield (looks like Calsci or Rifle are the winning choices?)

Mirrors need to be moved out a bit.

But, just riding for a while, not in a hurry to add stuff..... heck, I've only had it two days!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I just got my "new" '07, and I am very impressed as I posted elsewhere. So far, it doesn't seem to need much, but my list is growing:

GPS mount

Battery Tender harness

Heavier bar end weights (sliders), I'm getting the Salamanders to kill vibrations

Tank protection or film

Re-loctite the saddlebag latch screws (never trust it was done right before you)

But, just riding for a while, not in a hurry to add stuff..... heck, I've only had it two days!!
Err, what would qualify as much??? :huh:

1 pair of Harley Davidson airflow-style gloves (why not, I was in Sturgis last month and bought them at the dealer there...)1 pair of Alpinestars long gauntlet wind/waterproof gloves

1 pair of Bering gauntlet style gloves which are still a bit tight, so will need a new home

1 new helmet

1 Tourmaster Transition 2 jacket in bright yellow ( :D )

1 Fieldsheer mesh armoured jacket in white/light gray (I wore this yesterday for a 2 hour ride and it was perfect!)

1 pair Alpinestars touring boots - oh so comfy, and waterproof too. :)

Yes, I wear everything when I ride.
I don't see any pants on that list! :dribble: Are you riding "au natural" ? :blink:

A friend just had a getoff up on the North Cascades highway on the 4th of July while riding his BMW K1200RS. He was wearing the normal full face helmet, gloves, leather jacket, motorcycle boots and blue jeans. Besides the bruise on his a$$ which no amount of ATGATT would have prevented, his only damage was road rash on his knee and upper calf because denim is not very abrasion resistant and instantly wore through.

Proper riding pants are a good idea. Juss saying....

GPS mount

Battery Tender harness

Tank protection or film

Err, what would qualify as much??? :huh:
Errrr, oooops.... I mean..... much, is a relative term. You have to remember I had a Wing which (to some) has more stuff available than you care to count. However, I really meant, compared to my sordid past with the Wing and a ST1300, the bike is pretty darned good in stock condition...... I actually can't believe I like this thing so much!!

1 pair of Harley Davidson airflow-style gloves (why not, I was in Sturgis last month and bought them at the dealer there...)1 pair of Alpinestars long gauntlet wind/waterproof gloves

1 pair of Bering gauntlet style gloves which are still a bit tight, so will need a new home

1 new helmet

1 Tourmaster Transition 2 jacket in bright yellow ( :D )

1 Fieldsheer mesh armoured jacket in white/light gray (I wore this yesterday for a 2 hour ride and it was perfect!)

1 pair Alpinestars touring boots - oh so comfy, and waterproof too. :)

Yes, I wear everything when I ride.
I don't see any pants on that list! :dribble: Are you riding "au natural" ? :blink:

A friend just had a getoff up on the North Cascades highway on the 4th of July while riding his BMW K1200RS. He was wearing the normal full face helmet, gloves, leather jacket, motorcycle boots and blue jeans. Besides the bruise on his a$$ which no amount of ATGATT would have prevented, his only damage was road rash on his knee and upper calf because denim is not very abrasion resistant and instantly wore through.

Proper riding pants are a good idea. Juss saying....
Great eye Harald!

When I wrote the list, I had no pants - now, I have pants! Tourmaster's to match my jacket - as a bonus, the zipper also works with my Fieldsheer jacket, too. :)