Let's Talk About Summer Gloves

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacramentoMike

Not Safe For Work
Reaction score
Getting hot again here in the Sacramento Valley, and it'll be staying hot till about October. I looked at a bunch of mesh gloves online today--Rev'it, Miline, for example. I'd rather not pay two arms and a leg, but I'll spend what it takes to get a pair of quality, well-ventilated gloves for the long summer. What do you have, how do you like it? Thanks.

I'm sure these get marked down in terms of durability/abrasion resistance, but I have a pair of AGV mesh gloves https://www.agvsport.com/www/Magnum.asp with gel palms that I like for hot weather (90+) riding. They allow lots of airflow/cooling, but I'm not sure how long they would last skidding across asphalt.

You've been mentioning these a lot lately. Do you actually have a pair yet?
Not yet, but hope to real soon. I tried a pair on at WFO-6 and they fit me like, well, they fit good....And my Held's are getting tired. The prospect of a washable glove sounds good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought thia pair of RevIt gloves last week and really like them. They seem to run a size smaller than indicated so get 1 size up if you decide to go with them. They were also the top choice here at web bike world. You can get them here for $89.

rev-it-monster-gloves.jpg

I was a big fan of the Alpinestars SMX line. I am on my 2nd pair, I bought my first ones in 2003 and got a new pair in 06. Problem is now in 08, they are starting to fall apart. Doesn't seem like normal A'stars quality, but then again I always stuffed em inside my lid and I think the velcro closures attacked each other. So I'll prolly have to order another pair, but I've been nothing but happy with them since I began riding.

I have been looking for a summer glove as well. I found these at a local bike shop and to date are the nicest fitting(for me) I have found so far. Don't have a pair, but thought I would mention.

I bought these and like them very much. Light weight and maximum airflow is critical to me in the humid, hot coastal climate.
Tourmaster/Cortech GX Air Gloves

Available from several online retailers, ordered mine from DSRPOWERSPORTS.COM
I recently bought a pair of the GX Air mesh gloves from NewEnough.com but they're sitting on the shelf waiting for warmer weather.

BUMP!

My summer gloves showed how weak they are during my ride to and from NAFO. I want the impossible with a good amount of protection, but maximum ventilation. My hands are normally quite warm, and I like to use summer weight gloves until the temperature gets down into the 50's or lower.

The link Toecutter has above no longer works, so I am curious which gloves he got?

OH, and look what doing a search instead of starting a new thread does!

Skooter swears by these............

GNRabbitCuffBlackLadiesGloves1.jpg

They have the big + factor of feeling oh so nice when rubbed up against........ahhh, never mind.

Thanks Rad. I knew you would have something useful to contribute.
Well, I doubted anyone would care, but I use these-Tourmaster Airflow

d4b586d990cde78709dc19c2eb3e7f68_rough.jpg

Light, comfortable, sensitive, inexpensive ($20)-my favorites. Not a whole lot in the way of protection, but better than nothing. I go through a pair a season, roughly.

Joe Rocket Phoenix 3, bout 50 bucks. Very comfortable, well-vented. I've crashed twice wearing them, good scuffs on the hard knuckle protection. Jammed my thumb in one crash, but no glove would stop that.

Gloves were undamaged in both crashes other than scuffs on the hard parts. That said, I did not go sliding on my hands either time.

I've used the Lee Parks Deerskin short gauntlet glove for the last 2 years. Best gloves I've ever owned!