Lightning and my Silverado

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnySokkoFlyingFjr

Reaction score
Yesterday afternoon a severe thunderstorm swept across N.E. Ohio. About 4:50 pm(just minutes before I would be walking to my truck)........I hear the LOUDEST crack of Lightning I have ever heard in my 43 years on this planet :dribble: .

Then I hear a horn sounding in the parking lot :unsure: ....I look out the door to see my headlights on and my horn blowing!!!

Well, The truck cab is full of smoke(wire burning smell)the engine will crank but no start, radio display ok...but no sound :blink:

And all this just 2 years after losing my wifes car in a freak flash flood while parked in the local Best Buy parking lot :glare:

What am I doing wrong? I help old ladies cross the street....buy Girl Scout Cookies......recycle......and ride an fjr???

Yesterday afternoon a severe thunderstorm swept across N.E. Ohio. About 4:50 pm(just minutes before I would be walking to my truck)........I hear the LOUDEST crack of Lightning I have ever heard in my 43 years on this planet :dribble: .
Then I hear a horn sounding in the parking lot :unsure: ....I look out the door to see my headlights on and my horn blowing!!!

Well, The truck cab is full of smoke(wire burning smell)the engine will crank but no start, radio display ok...but no sound :blink:

And all this just 2 years after losing my wifes car in a freak flash flood while parked in the local Best Buy parking lot :glare:

What am I doing wrong? I help old ladies cross the street....buy Girl Scout Cookies......recycle......and ride an fjr???
What your doing wrong is living in Ohio.

What your doing wrong is living in Ohio.

Hey now......Ohio is where it's at mang!!! You left coasters are a little off plumb in my book :rolleyes:

Ooooh, good point v! My step son is selling CutCo cutlery this summer to pay for school books 'n shit. I could hook you up!

:p

You don't live in a double wide do you?? Natural disasters seem to be attracted to them.

A thunderstorm blew through here on Saturday and lightning struck and sunk a sailboat down in the harbor. Definitely some scary shit. What exactly would have happened to you if you had been sitting in the car?

What exactly would have happened to you if you had been sitting in the car?
Outside of filling their pants, nothing would have happened to the occupant. The reason is quite off topic, PM me if you really care why :lol:

The car (truck) becomes a "faraday cage" protecting the occupants........think force field!.......and after watching the video linked below, my Chevy either took more voltage......is more sensitive to EMP or I should start buying that Boy Scout popcorn as well :blink:

Couldn't find the tounge in cheek smiley :blink: