Look of short exhaust cans?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haironfire

Reaction score
I'm considering getting the Beowulf stubby 380mm cans in the colored or torched titanium presentation.

Can anyone comment on the shorter can appearance and the color? Anyone even seen them? My thought is that the stubbies being 2 3/4" shorter would bring the rear of the cans forward of the rear tire improving the look. I have considered that they'd be a little louder for the passenger, but idc because I never have a passenger. Prob a little louder for the rider, too, compared to the 450mm cans.

MadMike, or anyone?

TIA,

Haironfire

Recently I saw a pic of an FJR with shortened cans... somebody did some cutting and welding... here on this forum. Just not sure where. Looked pretty sweet.

Gary

darksider #44

Can you say,"Personal choice?"

If the look pleases you, then go for it! As to the sound, have you tried UTUBE to see if there are any sound clips that may give you an idea as to the noise/sound level?

Good luck!! :yahoo:

Recently I saw a pic of an FJR with shortened cans... somebody did some cutting and welding... here on this forum. Just not sure where. Looked pretty sweet.

Gary

darksider #44

I forget what thread I posted it in, so here it is again..............

2007IronButtRally049.jpg

2007IronButtRally050.jpg

Thanks Scoot.

That's the pic I saw. Thanks for helping out here. Seems like the older I get, the worse the memory gets. Seems I've got the CRWISWIS disease (can't remember where I saw what I saw), but it only becomes a REAL problem in the parking lot...

Gary

darksider #44

Thanks Scooter and Gary. Scoot, that pic was just what I was hoping for. Nice work.

Your shortened cans have a way different look from oem--I likey.

Ya, I know about the YouTube clips, but I have not found any sound clips for stubbies on a Feejer?

Anyone have stubby Beowulfs on or has anyone seen them for impressions?

Haironfire