Look What Followed Me Home Today....... Weeeeeeeeee!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaYzerman19

Go Wings!
Reaction score
I've been shopping for the last month..... a couple of you were in the know......

First, this rolled in the driveway......... wonder what's in the big aluminum box?

P1020464_zps91c6d2b2.jpg

So, let's open up the back end........ a couple of you have one or the bigger one...... I had a nice 2006 once, shoulda kept it.

P1020465Medium_zps77ca215e.jpg

And voila, here's the 2011 beauty. It has most of the equipment that I was going to install.... heated grips and highway pegs, all by the PO.

P1020466_zpsa9fde823.jpg

P1020467_zps084faf23.jpg

Heck of a deal, can't believe my luck. I had a short list of 30 in US and Canada, turns out the logical and most economical was right here in my back yard so to speak. It's spotless, right down to the exhaust pipes and the inside of the bash plate. Bonus in the bags found a new oil filter and a spare set of locks. Hardly any money to spend on farkles....... will give it the once over in the next few days, then I'm afraid it's sleepy time for the next 3 months or so. Looking forward to get re-acquainted with a Wee. That v-twin sure sounds different than the I-4 or v-4....... should be cool and fun.

Hmm, the roads look clear, and the bike appears to have wheels, so what's the trailer for? :lol:

Nice job on the bike find, I wouldn't mind adding a Strom to my garage.

Hey Rayz

Nice looking machine, but what's that white stuff on the ground?

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice. It looks like it's in showroom condition. Did you have to haul it out of someones living room?

Hmm, the roads look clear, and the bike appears to have wheels, so what's the trailer for?
laugh.png
I had to travel to London, which is 1.5 hrs. west of here. As I approached, I saw the ground getting whiter.... they had 2 feet of snow over the weekend and were still digging themselves out..... roads were wet, see the dirt on the front of the trailer..... about an hour after I took these shots, we got a dusting here......... you can't get a shiny new bike dirty and salty.

Excellent. I admit to being insanely jealous.

I will echo Gary's question: What is that white stuff all over the ground?

Even though I am NOT a fan of Dodge, that is a very tough looking truck also. If it were as clean as that V-Strom...

Nice score, Ray. You are in for some good times in the spring. Them 'stroms are the funnerest bikes out there.

I can't tell if your Givi windshield has a madstad under it already. If not, you are going to want one of those for sure. I have the Givi and Madstad combo and that works really well. Then get a cheap, stock shield and cut it down for summertime fun.

Also a center stand makes life on the chain gang so much easier.

Those Trax cases are very nice, but big. I use a pair of Seahorse cases with Happy Trail pucks to mount on the racks for everyday use and swap on my bigger Muffintop cases (about the same as those Traxs) just for longer trips including camping. The Seahorse Cases are dirt cheap so you don't mind banging them up when you're out getting dirty, and they even come is SOLAS orange!!

Oh yeah, for strom tahrs I like these so far: Full Bore USA Good, cheap, 60/40 tires that'll give you a little more bite in the dirt than most of the other ADV tires, and handle better on the street than the 50/50's like the TKCs or Big Blocks.

Say... If you need any more help spending more of your money on 'strom farkles just holler!
wink.png

Last edited by a moderator: