Look what the UPS lady brought me #2

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll show you why Smitty loves it when his doorbell rings.... he couldn't give a crap what's in the box.... :lol:

ups.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice seat Smitty, but for some reason, all of a sudden I've got a craving for waffles.... :blink:
I guess Smitty's new handle is going to be "Iron Belgian Waffle Butt" when he does his SS1000. :yahoo:

Snikr, snikr... :D :p :lol:

Cheers

As long as he brings the UPS gal along to handle his "package", I'm sure he won't care if he's a Spanish Omelet.... :lol:

Big butt shaped seats like that look very restrictive to me. When I ride, especially a long ride over varying types of road, I shift around on my seat a lot. For seriously twisted stuff, I move up close to the tank where its easy to rotate around it and get my weight to the side. Other times I move way to the back of the front section, with the rear of my rear almost ridingup onto the little ridge. That seat just looks like it would kind of restict all that moving around. Maybe not. I'll have to find somebody with something like it and try it.

Smitty, looks great. That was a pretty good turnaround. Now your trip to Atlanta will give you a good chance to check it out. I'm curious as to how it works out for you. But damn you all to hell, :lol: if this works out I will probably have to get one this winter as you have already caused me to spend a bunch of money on motorcycle stuff as I see how much easier life is with your acquisitons.

Chester

Big butt shaped seats like that look very restrictive to me.
The seats aren’t really that restrictive. The theory goes that the ‘wings’ help hold the gluteus maximus together. When the glutes spread :unsure: you end up sitting on bones with no natural padding, hence the egg-cup type seats. You get dual padding – mother nature provided and the seat padding.

Smitty,

I got a call from University Motorsports and my new seat and smuggler will be here on Tuesday! I can't wait to see brown... even though it's some old guy. Next time I send a tire to you... I'll get a tracking number and I'll wait for the UPS girl myself.

Thanks for the offer to use your seat!

Oh... I won't be able to go to Atlanta. I took another job in radio... so I'm back to waking up at 3:30AM to be on the air at 6:00.

Wish I had the bucks for the Russell day-long. If I get an aftermarket seat - THAT'S the one I'll get...seats are for the butt - best seat for the butt -RUSSELL.

Big butt shaped seats like that look very restrictive to me.
The seats aren’t really that restrictive. The theory goes that the ‘wings’ help hold the gluteus maximus together. When the glutes spread :unsure: you end up sitting on bones with no natural padding, hence the egg-cup type seats. You get dual padding – mother nature provided and the seat padding.
+1

Wally, I move around on my Mayer seat (which resembles the Russell with the wings) just like you described. Other than being immensely more comfortable than the stocker, I haven't found any resistance to hanging off in corners, or moving back in the seat when I want to. My guess is that if you were to make it to EOM, CFO, or WFO, you'd be able to sit on a bike that had an aftermarket seat to see what it's like...

I need to get a UPS lady! I asked mine why she didn't bring me any FJR goodies like smitties and she looked at me blankly and said what's an FJR :(