Looking at getting a new '12 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not saying you haven't researched the bike, but you are aware of the difference between the AE and the A, yes? I didn't picture you being an AE kind of guy coming from a Blackbird.

Auron... just wait.

It won't take long at all to find if there's going to be a Gen III. Then decide if the 'newer' aspects are worth the entry fee or pay considerably less for an earlier version.

I know that's not easy... but think... smoother engine, inverted forks, possibly lighter, more 'base' stuff like heated grips / gps, better ergos? better stock seat? There's all kinds of possibilities... wait wait wait...

The simplicity of the current FJR is what I like about it. Take what they've done to the C14 for example, inverted forks means the seals are exposed to more damage, you know it's going to weigh significantly more, more horsepower you can't use, useless technology that can/will break, and if that stupid FOB ever stranded me I'd scream!!!!!

ST bikes are all about mods anyway. Standard seats and suspension and windscreens get changed out anyway. The 1300 already has everything you could ask for in a ST bike. JMHO

Sorry to bring this topic up from the past...I found it in a search.

I'm looking to get a new FJR soon. I'm trying to see if I can get a great deal on a '12 model. What price should I be targeting since the new model has been announced and it's almost 2013? I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area if that helps.

Thanks! :)

Last edited by a moderator: