Looking for a Rear Seat Bag..

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rexford

Reaction score
Okay, I've looked at all the manfs. (that I could think of) and still not sure on what to pick up. Not to hip on the hard trunk so I am looking for a soft (if you will) tail/seat bag. Running a Corbin seat and would like it to sit on the rear seat and tie down to the rr pegs and such. Looking (I think) for something in the size of W13-15"X D9-10"X H8". Will keep it on the bike to carry tire repair kit, compressor, small road flare, Frog Toggs rain gear...maybe a bottle of water for stops and a little room to carry changes of gloves and such, not looking at carrying changes of clothes or anything of that nature...just want to free up the saddle bags on trips and maybe run without them on day rides. If anyone has any experience with said subject, I would really appreciate your input.

Thanks in advance guys,

Rexford.

"I bet Bozo took a lot of shit when he was in school" Jack Handy.

Okay, I've looked at all the manfs. (that I could think of) and still not sure on what to pick up. Not to hip on the hard trunk so I am looking for a soft (if you will) tail/seat bag. Running a Corbin seat and would like it to sit on the rear seat and tie down to the rr pegs and such. Looking (I think) for something in the size of W13-15"X D9-10"X H8". Will keep it on the bike to carry tire repair kit, compressor, small road flare, Frog Toggs rain gear...maybe a bottle of water for stops and a little room to carry changes of gloves and such, not looking at carrying changes of clothes or anything of that nature...just want to free up the saddle bags on trips and maybe run without them on day rides. If anyone has any experience with said subject, I would really appreciate your input.

Thanks in advance guys,

Rexford.

"I bet Bozo took a lot of shit when he was in school" Jack Handy.
Have you considered this one?

Rear Seat Bag at Bike Effects

Note link regarding discount information below.

Here's a Cortech bag that I mounted to the rear seat. (Not very experienced with connecting links....hope I did it right).

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=136838&view=findpost&p=845617&hl=&fromsearch=1

Here's a picture of it strapped on the bike....

Rear.jpg

They quit making the Nelson Rigg CL 100. I got one on close out last year and put it on top of the seat--was going to do the replacement thing in that post but figured out it works for me on top--and is basically locked onto the bike with the cords fastened under the seat (which can only be removed with the key).

Well if you like all things Corbin, you can get a Smuggler which is a color-matched storage replacement for the Pillon seat. Fairlaner has one and it is really nice looking. See this thread for pics. The price of admission is $800 unless you can find a used one. :dribble:

file-5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I coulda swore someone was selling a tail bag in the "For Sale" section. If it's gone, I like the bag Alex has in Post #2. $125 is a decent price, and with the forum discount, it's gonna be cheaper than that.

Some of the ones suggested look like they come with their own tie-down system, but if you decide to just use a simple duffel bag (a waterproof one, of course) or anything else that needs to be tied down, I strongly suggest you keep away from bungee cords. Get a set of RokStraps. Stronger, safer (won't snap back and gouge your eyeball out), more secure--they're great. I leave them tied on and crossed over the pass. seat when I'm not carrying a spare bag there (on trips only) so they're always ready if I need to pick up a case of beer or something that won't fit anywhere else.

imgMoto2.jpg

I'm on my second Cortech Tourmaster tail bag. Comes with a rain cover. Has built in bungee cords. About $80. I like it a lot.

GP