Looking for best service department in New England

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Official Dumbass
Reaction score
Looking for a dealer that has alot of experience, one that is well versed in caring for an FJR would be preferred. Willing to drive a ways if work and service quality is exceptional. I'm in central Mass and would not exclude New Hampshire, Vermont or even Connecticut. Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

I got my bike at Enfield Motorsports in Enfield CT. It's just over the line in CT coming down I91 from Springfield. I never had alot of work done there except recall items. But when I picked up my bike when new and asked if they loctited the locks on the side bags the tech said yes, it was in the directions. So at least they read the book. Had the top case recall done there and a few days later I got the owners manual for the new box in the mail because they forgot to give it to me. I thought that was good. I can't speak for their prices as I do all my own maintenance though.

Try Enfield Motor Sports

I'm too far south in CT for you, but Libby's in New Haven has always done a good job on my family's bikes. I have seen cheaper places, but they are pretty fair and do good work so we continue giving them our business.

I was directed to Razee Motorcycle Center in North Kingstown Rhode Island by another forum member, COTA95, and was happy with their service. If the number of true riders who just hang around the place to shoot the shit is any indication they must have a following. Of course I only used them once so far but would definitely go back. I know its a haul from MA but it was also a haul from Long Island, literally.

Also here is the link to LIBBYS that FORD68XL suggested.

I was directed to Razee Motorcycle Center in North Kingstown Rhode Island by another forum member, COTA95, and was happy with their service. If the number of true riders who just hang around the place to shoot the shit is any indication they must have a following. Of course I only used them once so far but would definitely go back. I know its a haul from MA but it was also a haul from Long Island, literally.
Thanks, Axe. I've read the same about them, sounds like it may be worth the ride just to see the scenery. Have read your post about your son, there's alot of things to say....."thank you", "good luck", and a million other things. Was in Baghdad back in '91 when we "weren't" in Baghdad snoopin' and poopin'.........my prayers are with you. He'll do well, in a top notch outfit. Worked with a few of the marines from that unit that were training at Pickle Meadow Warfare Training Center out in Bridgeport, CA. They know their sh%$t.

Best regards,

CJ

Have you chcked out Motorsports International in Auburn? No personal experience with their service dept. but there are a couple members who live right there who've probably used them.

Have you chcked out Motorsports International in Auburn? No personal experience with their service dept. but there are a couple members who live right there who've probably used them.
That is where I bought the bike from and also have been having potential issues with the service department. Trying to work things out with them.

Good to know. I thought about going there since I wasn't impressed with the time it took to get a first service dome at the dealer in Springfield. They've since changed hands and I'm thinking about giving them another shot.

In eastern MA, I've had good experience with G&G Cycle in Salisbury. I bought my bike there and had no sloppy technician issues. I've bought a few accessories etc, but no service done by then other than TPS recall. I do my own regular stuff like oil, TBS, plugs etc. I have had them mount a couple tires over the years. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again for service if needed. My $.02

Looking for a dealer that has alot of experience, one that is well versed in caring for an FJR would be preferred. Willing to drive a ways if work and service quality is exceptional. I'm in central Mass and would not exclude New Hampshire, Vermont or even Connecticut. Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!
I'm probably way too far south for you but I bought mine at Danbury Powersports. It's in for the 600 mile service as we speak. Their mechs are all young but enthusiastic guys who really take an interest in you and your riding. If anything falls off, I'll be sure and let you know. :)

I have to second this. I have purchased 5 bikes from them, over the past 14 years or so. They are my only stop for anything bike related.

I actually trust them to do it right. I brought the checklist at delivery with me and found nothing they missed.

I have to second this. I have purchased 5 bikes from them, over the past 14 years or so. They are my only stop for anything bike related.

I actually trust them to do it right. I brought the checklist at delivery with me and found nothing they missed.

Razee or Libby's? Thanks a bunch!

I wouldn't go to Libby's for service :angry: When I bought my '05 from them I got it home and checked the oil and

it was overfilled. I called and talked to the service manager and he treated me like an asshole on the phone and

made it seem like I did not know how to check the oil. The service manager down there is very arrogant. I never

went back, I just dropped the oil and filled it to the right level.

I would recommend Willow's on Route 10 in Cheshire CT for service.

DSCN0742.jpg

Ed... :big_boss:

After a few phone calls and finally a trip down to Motorsports International in Auburn, MA I can honestly say that I do NOT trust them to work on my FJR.

The head of the service department seemed very inept; he couldn't tell me anything specific related to the FJR's scheduled maintenance other than "oil and filter change, that kind of stuff" and he even had to ask what type of bike it was "a standard, tourer or sportbike?". Shit, he didn't even know it was a 1300!! No way would I ever recommend their service.

In all fairness to the dealership, I did have a very positive experience with the purchase of my bike. They were very friendly, didn't pressure me, answered all of my questions, and the salesman was very knowledgable about the bike. (More than I can say for the service guy!)

One more thing, too, now that I think about it. I don't know if this was the factory's fault or the service department's, but the locking mechanism on my right sidebag had come loose and I ended up loosing the mechanism somewhere. I pulled into my driveway and the door fully opened from gravity as I leaned the bike! Glad it was empty and not at speed!

I'm still looking for suggestions, so if anyone has a good one, let me know. I currently have a call placed to Razee in North Kingstown, RI and am waiting to hear back from them. Motorsports still insists that even though my VIN does fall within the range of models effected, they say they have to run a test to see if it does really need to be replaced or not. I trust my gut feeling and the opinions of the forum member's even more. I think they're full of crap unless someone here has first hand knowledge of this so-called "test" to prove otherwise.

Thanks again to all who have given their suggestions, much appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
CJ,

I can HIGHLY recommend Performance Cycles in Shrewsbury, located right on RT 9. Bought 3 bikes from them and they've always been fair and a pleasure to deal with. Their service department has been GREAT. They will not suggest any service that is not necessary, and they seem very knowledgeable. Call Derek, their service manager - he's very familiar with the FJR. I'm sure you will be happy with them.

https://www.performancecycles.com/service.asp

508-842-1068

CJ,
I can HIGHLY recommend Performance Cycles in Shrewsbury, located right on RT 9. Bought 3 bikes from them and they've always been fair and a pleasure to deal with. Their service department has been GREAT. They will not suggest any service that is not necessary, and they seem very knowledgeable. Call Derek, their service manager - he's very familiar with the FJR. I'm sure you will be happy with them.

https://www.performancecycles.com/service.asp

508-842-1068
I'll give Derek a call, and if it works out your "wicked pissaa"! Thanks a bunch! Can you stand anymore snow? Thought I was going to end it all today when I was out riding in the cage to go to a few bike shops and it was freakin' snowing again!

You're very close to us... we're in Lunenburg. :D

Checkout Nashua Motorsports, right over the line on Rt. 13 in Milford NH, near the intersection of Rt.101. They are a Yamaha dealer owned by the Keene Motorsports people. I've always had a positive impression of their operations, and although I've not yet had to bring my wife's '04 FJR for service yet, this is probably where it will be going when the time comes.

You probably know that Sky Cycle in Lunenburg has new ownership and is a new building now too. I believe they may be getting their Yamaha dealership back also. I've always brought my ZZR to them for service and they've done a fine job. So that's another option.

You're very close to us... we're in Lunenburg.
biggrin.gif

Checkout Nashua Motorsports, right over the line on Rt. 13 in Milford NH, near the intersection of Rt.101. They are a Yamaha dealer owned by the Keene Motorsports people. I've always had a positive impression of their operations, and although I've not yet had to bring my wife's '04 FJR for service yet, this is probably where it will be going when the time comes....
While searching for a dealer to help me with my destroyed engine I 'interviewed' Nashua Motorsports because they have a highly certified Yamaha tech. The torpid lump at the parts counter wouldn't let me talk to the mechanic, but did take one question at a time back to the tech. The tech couldn't bother to come out and talk directly with me. The lump evidently didn't ask the tech the questions as I intended them and the lump returned a two to three word reply when it should have taken a small book to cover. I totally wasted nearly 2 hours at NMS without getting *anywhere*. I was offering them a pretty lucrative job during a slow period between motorcycle season and snowmobile season but they couldn't bother themselves to even listen. FLUSH. Maybe on a different day things would be better but I'm not going back to find out.

All in all I went to almost every Yamaha dealer in southern NH and northern MA looking for a good shop. After I left NMS I went to Hudson Cycle Center where I found the manager at the service desk. The manager (Brian) was attentive, helpful and knowledgeable. Brian went to the service area and brought out Jake, his top guy and I was able to talk with Jake for quite some time. Jake Jacques has had successful experiences in ticker fixes and has had several FJR engines out, disassembled down to the bare block and rebuilt them. Based on the excellent interview I worked with Hudson Cycle to get my engine repair done. They were accommodating, easy to work with and humored some of my off-beat requests to get involved in the repair process. I have had a couple of PMs from other owners that have had good experiences with Hudson Cycle also. That said, I did have to pay full, undiscounted parts prices, got no breaks on labor charges and in the end virtually bought my bike all over again.

I would recommend Hudson Cycle with a caveat about prices.

==========================================

I'll review this repair in greater detail when I finish sorting out my motorcycle. I did ride my mostly disassembled bike home on a rare dry day when the temps were all the way up into the mid 30s. Since then evenings have been as low as the teens with snow, rain, snow, rain, snow, over and over.

Last edited by a moderator: