Looking for best service department in New England

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to both. Waiting to hear back from Performance Cycles via phone or email, will see what they have to offer. Will give any feedback on any reasonable first impressions. Still taking suggestions!!

I have to second this. I have purchased 5 bikes from them, over the past 14 years or so. They are my only stop for anything bike related. I actually trust them to do it right. I brought the checklist at delivery with me and found nothing they missed.

Sorry totally spaced on finishing the edit.

I was recommending Razee's.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to second this. I have purchased 5 bikes from them, over the past 14 years or so. They are my only stop for anything bike related. I actually trust them to do it right. I brought the checklist at delivery with me and found nothing they missed.

Sorry totally spaced on finishing the edit.

I was recommending Razee's.
Thanks, that's what I had thought. I have to call them back tomorrow. I had called them on Saturday and asked about the ECU replacement, gave them my VIN and they said they'd call me back in just a short while. Hadn't heard back so will call tomorrow.

Thanks again!

I assume you've already called Cycle Design in Phillipston as its pretty close to you in Westminster?

I've only bought parts there in the past so I can't comment on the service dept however.

They are Yamaha 5 star if that means anything anymore?

cycle design

I assume you've already called Cycle Design in Phillipston as its pretty close to you in Westminster?I've only bought parts there in the past so I can't comment on the service dept however.

They are Yamaha 5 star if that means anything anymore?

cycle design
Will check out the service department, but I'll tell ya, you wanna talk about high pressure sales? Holy shit! Went to look at a bike, next thing I know they're calling my house like three times a week asking if I want to come down and make a deal. Almost threatened them that I was gonna take out a phone restraining order. Will research it a little better, had not checked into anyone else since I had all intentions of going where I had bought the bike to do the service. Teaches me for not researching things beforehand.......oh well. Should've done the homework, damn newbies!

I was directed to Razee Motorcycle Center in North Kingstown Rhode Island by another forum member, COTA95, and was happy with their service. If the number of true riders who just hang around the place to shoot the shit is any indication they must have a following. Of course I only used them once so far but would definitely go back. I know its a haul from MA but it was also a haul from Long Island, literally.
Razee is the place to go-real bike people.

:clapping: SOLD!! Razee is the place I've decided to go. I don't care about the distance, I just want to be able to sleep at night knowing that my investment is being properly cared for. Thank you to all that offerred your opinions/suggestions.

I called Razee, they were good about returning my call and were well informed about the FJR and the three TSB's that affect the '06. They said they would order the parts today and will call me when they come in so I can set up a time to have the bike worked on. No talk of bogus tests or squabbles of wether the VIN was in range or not. And, from what they had told me as well as a few PM's (Thanks again) from people who are happy with their work, sounds like they have well qualified techs to do the work. I will certainly check into things in person when I bring my bike down. I will put up a post in the vendor/dealer section with an evaluation once the work is complete.

Thanks again to all of the contributions. It's proof that thousands of other Feejer's can't be wrong!

Looking for a dealer that has alot of experience, one that is well versed in caring for an FJR would be preferred. Willing to drive a ways if work and service quality is exceptional. I'm in central Mass and would not exclude New Hampshire, Vermont or even Connecticut. Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!
I've bought 3 bikes from Ray's Cycle Center in Greenfield,Ma. They are outstanding people who treat you like family and their service department I thought ws next to none.

Thanks to both. Waiting to hear back from Performance Cycles via phone or email, will see what they have to offer. Will give any feedback on any reasonable first impressions. Still taking suggestions!!
This is probably way late but I've bought 3 bikes from Ray's Cycle Center in Greenfield Ma and they are great people. When you walk in the door they treat you like part of the family,first name basis and all. My 05 was a ticker and they fixed it no questions asked within 3-4 days. Great service department that you can call for any reason big or small. I wouldn't do business with Keene Motorsports,they'll sell the bike cheaper but they don't want to see you again after that.

Just west of you, right on 2A, in my tiny town of Phillipston is Cycle Design. A good family dealer and shop that sells Yamaha, Honda, Kawi and Suzuki. We don't even have a gas station in town (or Dunkin' Donuts) but they have been at it for years. They have worked on my Suzuki, and I'll be taking them my FJR shortly for the first oil change.

Just west of you, right on 2A, in my tiny town of Phillipston is Cycle Design. A good family dealer and shop that sells Yamaha, Honda, Kawi and Suzuki. We don't even have a gas station in town (or Dunkin' Donuts) but they have been at it for years. They have worked on my Suzuki, and I'll be taking them my FJR shortly for the first oil change.
Damn. Sorry dude. I missed the second page of posts when I wrote this, then saw that you already had experience with them. I didn't buy from them, but their sales have kept me in the loop as I was looking for a used FJR and a used dirt bike. I only received an occassional call.

I was directed to Razee Motorcycle Center in North Kingstown Rhode Island by another forum member, COTA95, and was happy with their service. If the number of true riders who just hang around the place to shoot the shit is any indication they must have a following. Of course I only used them once so far but would definitely go back. I know its a haul from MA but it was also a haul from Long Island, literally.
Also here is the link to LIBBYS that FORD68XL suggested.
Razee's is an old dealership. I'm thinking Ralph was the owner back when I was working in the business in a central MA Honda dealership that is no longer alive. Razee's had a good reputation as a legitimate enthusiasts' dealership even 40 years ago.

Looking for a dealer that has alot of experience, one that is well versed in caring for an FJR would be preferred. Willing to drive a ways if work and service quality is exceptional. I'm in central Mass and would not exclude New Hampshire, Vermont or even Connecticut. Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!
Hey CJ, Give Bartons Motorsports a call. That is where I purchased my bike.

His name is Dale Barton. 603.323.8054. He know's FJR'S in side and out and is very honest. I have been doing business with him for 8 years. Located in Tamworth,NH on Rt.16 40 minutes south of Conway.

Bob

Hey CJ, Give Bartons Motorsports a call. That is where I purchased my bike.

His name is Dale Barton. 603.323.8054. He know's FJR'S in side and out and is very honest. I have been doing business with him for 8 years. Located in Tamworth,NH on Rt.16 40 minutes south of Conway.

Bob
He is an Exclusive Yamaha Dealer.

www.bartonsmotorsports.com

I'm too far south in CT for you, but Libby's in New Haven has always done a good job on my family's bikes. I have seen cheaper places, but they are pretty fair and do good work so we continue giving them our business.
I'm not too far from them, but based on my son's experience with his Triumph, this would be the last place I go for service.