Looking for Half cover for the bike

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1) NelsonRigg has been very supportive of the FJR community. They were a major player at WFO last year. I use a N/R CL350 tank bag (A N/R CL 300 on the KLR) and have an older N/R expandable tail bag I use on the pillion seat on longer trips (Like WFO/NAFO where I need to bring "extra" stuff for the Parking Nazi/Security Brute Squad)

2) The 1/2 cover I have is not a NelsonRigg, but one I bought elsewhere 3 or 4 years ago. It isn't the "best" but it works to keep prying eyes off my bike and onto someone else's....like JB's, that was parked next to me. :eek:

I have a NR UV2000 being shipped based on this thread... coulda waited for a group buy. Oh well.

I have Nelson Rigg raingear, small tankbag and a backrest bag. All good quality.

Just for the record I use other bags, gear, etc. and do not sell or have anything to do with Nelson Rigg....

I really like the looks of this. It is a little pricy for all that it is, but might be worth it when packing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got a Nelson Rigg UV2000 in XL. I wanted a cover to hide my electronics while camping. The cover fits well over my Givi V46 and FZ1 mirrors and aux lights. With the top case on I can pull it forward over the headlights and then it goes about half way down over the side cases, or I can pull it down over the side cases and have the headlights exposed. Seems well made and worth the price. I bought directly from the manufacturer.

I really like the looks of this. It is a little pricy for all that it is, but might be worth it when packing.

$70 for that thing? that is crazy...i use a dowco XL GUARDIAN TRAVELER. $40!

i had several small holes develop on the right side of the the cover..called DOWCO, they shipped me a brand new cover after i shipped the old one back. great customer service!

I got the same Nelson Rigg about a month ago and love it. Previously had a big old full cover that was to much trouble to use. Now I use this thing all the time. My bike sits in the sun at work and I really like having it covered. Hides the electronics and keeps those rays to a minimum.

I want one of these to cover either the bare bike (no bags) or just the sidecases (no trunk). Does anyone know which of the available sizes will accomplish this? I just want the cockpit and seat out of the sun.

I ordered the KwiKover from the Laminar Lip people. I haven't used it a lot yet but so far this thing is awesome!! Packs very small, fits perfect. You can attach it so it covers the seat and tank or as I recently discovered, you can attach it to the rear views and it covers the dash as well. Price is a little high but it works great.

NR UV2000 size XL for me also. I've had it for a year. It works very well and I use it every time at work with full sun. Keeps from baking my RD and my Zumo - and of course - keeps prying eyes off the same. Side note: I have the NR CL-300? large mag tank bag. You can fit a lot of stuff in there, including my swap-out face shield for my Scorpion helmet. Drive to work during day, and sometimes leave and drive home after dark. I rode home once with the dark shield on as I forgot to bring the clear - that was the last time I'll do that! :blink:

Herkypilot

Last edited by a moderator:
Several years ago the wife got me a Geza cover for a birthday. I like it a lot. I would note that it is NOT waterproof but is water repellent. The bike will get wet in a driving hard rain. I only use it while touring (it packs fairly small-not soda can size but rather small coffee can size). Sorry can't help with size info but when I had the 2000 Concours it covered the Givi Trunk & bags. Also covered the same on the 05 FJR. Have not had an occasion to use it on the 07 yet. Best of luck.

Are hot pipes a problem for the Nelson Rigg UV2000 cover?
No hot pipes problem for UV2000 on my FJR. I have size Large which fits nice and snug...covering the top half of the side bags nicely, which is nowhere near the pipes.

If you want a cover to go over the pipes, you would have to move up to an XL. Then you might have a problem with hot pipes.

I have a Guardian XL that I used on my Vulcan in the past.

Is anyone having problems with the covers scratching the paint on the mirrors or the saddlebags?

The only lining inside the Guardian cover is in the windshield area.