Looking for new feedback -- Gen II Heli Triple Clamp

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The optional accessory risers are designed to work only with the original(bold) HRT Triple Clamp (part # HRT076). These risers do not work with the stock triple clamp, and we do not recommend using them with our re-designed HRT Triple Clamp (part # HRT076-2) due to hydraulic line / cable limitations.

So do the stock brake lines, throttle cable, and wiring need to be modified if you use the HRT076-2 Triple Clamp and 3/4 inch riser blocks?

The optional accessory risers are designed to work only with the original(bold) HRT Triple Clamp (part # HRT076). These risers do not work with the stock triple clamp, and we do not recommend using them with our re-designed HRT Triple Clamp (part # HRT076-2) due to hydraulic line / cable limitations.
From Heli's press release:

"Recently we have had numerous requests for additional rise on the 2006-2009 Yamaha FJR1300 (on top of the 1/2" rise incorporated in our Triple Clamp - HRT076-2.) We even had a customer put a set on his replacement triple clamp (HRT076-2) with much success."

And their site:

"Are you looking for a additional height out of your HeliBars Triple Clamp? Then this product is the perfect match with you, your bike and your HRT076 / HRT076-2.

The optional accessory risers are designed to work only with the original HRT Triple Clamp (part # HRT076/HRT076-2). NOTE: THESE RISERS DO NO WORK WITH THE STOCK TRIPLE CLAMP."

So you're saying NOT to use them with HRT076-2 and Heli says "We even had a customer put a set on his replacement triple clamp (HRT076-2) with much success." and "Then this product is the perfect match with you, your bike and your HRT076 / HRT076-2. The optional accessory risers are designed to work only with the original HRT Triple Clamp (part # HRT076/HRT076-2)."

When I bought mine last year they did not recommend trying to use the both due to the hose length, obviously that has changed since last year.

I missed out on the original group buy and paid full price for the triple clamp for my '07. The changes to the bar location helped my bad shoulder so I that I could complete multiple 600-700 mile days. I'm 5'11'' and ride with the seat in the lower position to keep as much load off of my shoulder as possible.

I would highly recommend the Heli Triple Clamp, just be prepared to stop and make a phone call if things don't go as per the instructions. Everything went very smoothly until I tried to fit the clamp over the fork tubes (no problem) and the head bearing (clamp hole too small). Because of my impatience and the late hour, I was able to press fit (socket and large hammer) the clamp over the bearing far enough to get the top nut in place and torqued correctly. I haven't tried to remove the clamp for the switch recall as I have the Brodie relay. I just can't face my local tech. with my stupidity.

OBD