Looking for opinions on a nice helmet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm like that kid who keeps sticking the butter knife into a wall outlet, and have bought several Bells, none of which I can say is truly comfy. I do have a 3/4 HJC that sucks only a little less.

Time for a modular and a tip to Iron Pony (I live near Dayton and have always wanted to visit).

I'm using a Caberg Justisimo GT right now, but it's 3 years old. Looking at the Caberg Konda as a replacement.

I like the integrated sun visor. Nice touch.

Life is so full of twists and turns, I had wanted to buy a Shark and an Arai, but on Craigslist I found a RF1000 Shoei for $25. Yep, $25 with a clear shield and a smoke shield. The top of the helmet hit a gravel trap and is missing some tiny spots of paint. Otherwise, it is in excellent plus condition. The guy that had it is a sponsored rider, so they don't want him riding with a scuffed up helmet. Structurally sound and fits me perfectly.

Now, I need to figure out how to clean it up and paint it, ha ha. I figured the smoke shield was worth $25.

Thanks for everyone's input, I liked all of the helmets, each fitting a different way, but they are all very nice helmets. I'm not used to anything like this.

No!...no!...the Shoei RF1000 is a good helmet aside from the fact the crown liner is not removable, a feature which they upgraded on the newer RF1100. That was the only bitch I had about mine.

I just have to admit that I'm a little blown away about buying a $25 craigslist lid with some visible damage even though that appears minimal. I'm just concerned at how it was determined that there is no EPS Liner damage? Also, date of manufacture?

Sorry man, I just take the safety of my head to excessive lengths I guess. If you're happy, than I'm happy....since it's your noggin' :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
No!...no!...the Shoei RF1000 is a good helmet aside from the fact the crown liner is not removable, a feature which they upgraded on the newer RF1100. That was the only bitch I had about mine.
I just have to admit that I'm a little blown away about buying a $25 craigslist lid with some visible damage even though that appears minimal. I'm just concerned at how it was determined that there is no EPS Liner damage? Also, date of manufacture?

Sorry man, I just take the safety of my head to excessive lengths I guess. If you're happy, than I'm happy....since it's your noggin' :lol:

Ha ha! Yeah, I agree, but it is much better than my HJC and I really can't believe the difference, but it is certainly obvious.

I still plan to buy a new one, but this just fell out of the sky. This guy certainly did not need the money and selling me the helmet was a hassle for him more than anything. I'm happy.

Just kind of crazy how things happen.