Looking for people to ride with in the Sacramento area

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff D

Reaction score
Just picked up a 2007 in March and have about 1000 miles on the bike. Looking for folks for rides to Downeville, Icehouse, Tahoe anywhere. I would like to do a trip later this summer up North up 5 over hwy 36 to Fortuna then a couple of days of riding up off the 299 and along the Klamath and Trinity Rivers.

Jeff.

[email protected]

Just picked up a 2007 in March and have about 1000 miles on the bike. Looking for folks for rides to Downeville, Icehouse, Tahoe anywhere. I would like to do a trip later this summer up North up 5 over hwy 36 to Fortuna then a couple of days of riding up off the 299 and along the Klamath and Trinity Rivers.
Jeff.

[email protected]
Dude Keep your eyes open as there are a lot of people in your area and they are all riding FOOLS......

R

Jeff.

[email protected]
One assumes you saw This Ride that morphed into this 250 mile+ Sunday ride last weekend?

Some of us are taking off over May 3rd to head to Lancaster for a Streetmasters Riding Clinic, the planning thread is here.

AND, there is the annual Clan Gathering (or Gathering of the Clans) that is the NorCal/SoCal get together.

This ride through Capay Valley was planned by Dr. Rich on April 6th,

We did Sonora for Lunch

on Mar 29th, but it was rather spur-of-the-moment.

Katrin'a for breakfast (in AUburn) on Mar 22. Ride report, here!

James Burleigh has the annual Shiney Hiney going on this Saturday.... :unsure:

Dude, there are a lot of rides happening in the Sacramento Valley.....

Also...on the burner and rising from "Simmer" and about to be posted (Right, Bluestreek?) is a ride up the Feather River Canyon or Hwy 49 through Downieville for May 17th.

AND, there is a plan being formulated for a 3-day weekend in October, Yreka-Eureka-Redding(?)...Hwy 3, 96, 299,

Stand by for the annual Yo-Yo-Yosemite weekend adventure,. once the roads are open and we can get over Hwy 120 and 108.

Plus NAFO in July/August, that many of us are directly involved in...... (NAFO Link) and in my signature line. NAFO "page".

Oh yeah, FODS (FJR Owners Dual Sport ride) in Sept at the motorcycle camping place FODS-2 link

Sorry you haven't heard about them....but we DO try to post them.... :unknw: ;)

One more thing....I'm adding your handle to my NorCal list...which brings the total to 58, 33 of which are in Sac, Elk Grove, Woodland, Placerville, Auburns, Rocklin, Roseville, Fair Oaks, Woodland, etc.

Richard is right, we like to ride and do so often. You're going to have to keep an eye on the ride planning threads and come and join us!

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys mark your calendars and reserve May 17th for Hwy 70, Quincy for lunch! Steve is working on "the plan".

Then we'll "all" ride together.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys mark your calendars and reserve May 17th for Hwy 70, Quincy for lunch! Steve is working on "the plan".Then we'll "all" ride together.
Another one I'll have to miss... AMA Superbike at Infinion for Christy and I that weekend. Too bad because that is one great ride.

The ride is now posted in Ride Planning. If you're riding...post there.

Sorry, Brad....you're must too busy! Kinda like another fellow I know fairly well.

Jeff.

[email protected]
Jeff,

My daughter and I are riding up to Oregon via hwy 36 to hwy3 to 'State of Jefferson scenic Byway' to Cave Junction on 199 the last weekend of June. We will be spending the night in Weaverville on the 28th. We plan to make it to Reedsport via I-5 from Cave Junction to Sutherlin to the back roads around Elkton along the Umpqua River to Reedsport. The 3rd day we will take all the back country roads to Rockaway Beach ro visit my mom thru July 4th. You are welcome to tag along and break off whenever. I can't offer you a place to stay in Rockaway due to a huge family gathering, but details can always be worked out. I ride a silver 03 and my daughter rides my V-Strom 1000. I ride almost every weekend, so get ahold of me if you'd like to hook up. We are going on the Memorial Day Ride with the group, so see you there if you're going.

Dan

I'm in Roseville and ride every weekend. I'm old (50) and slow..Maybe we'll ride some day B)
Do you really think you're old?

Jeff.

[email protected]
What's that in your avatar?

Someone say Beer!

guinness.jpg

Where and when?