Looking for Pilot Road 3

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What places have you checked? When I have been pricing PR2s, I have seen them listed everywhere. Do they not actually have them?

These are the places I regularly price shop:

SWMotoTire

Competition Accessories

RockyMountainATV.com

Derbycycles.net

Jakewilson.com

sporttour.net

Motorcyclesuperstore.com

What places have you checked? When I have been pricing PR2s, I have seen them listed everywhere. Do they not actually have them?

These are the places I regularly price shop:

SWMotoTire

Competition Accessories

RockyMountainATV.com

Derbycycles.net

Jakewilson.com

sporttour.net

Motorcyclesuperstore.com

Beautiful list. May I add two more? Not saying they have the best price, but sometimes they do. Just ordered a rear PR2 two weeks ago from Chaparral, and had it in 2 days.

ChaparralMotorsports.com

americanmototire.com

Why are the Pilor Road 3 $100.00 more compared to Bridgestone BT-023?
It's a brand-spanking new model of tire from a premium brand (Michelin).

How would I confirm if the rear tire is the "B" version?
If they don't list it as a 'B' on their website, you will need to call them and hopefully get someone who knows what the heck they are talking about and selling. Once you get the tire, it will have a 'B' on the sidewall somewhere.

Are you sure you really even need the 'B'? The 'B' rear usually runs about $40 more than the non-'B'' spec.

BTW, Clicky HERE for what used to be an excellent resource for tire shopping. Unfortunately, it hasn't been updated since January or later, but it gives you ideas on where to go looking/price shopping for tires.

Kudos for Extrememarine for staring it.

Well I think I need the "b". When I tour bike is packed and when riding local, I ride two up.
Same useage here but that 2 up is tour riding as well. Just put my 2nd set of Non B-spec PR2's on a week ago. Got well over 10k on the set with nice wear. Can't ask much more than that, IMO.

Well I think I need the "b". When I tour bike is packed and when riding local, I ride two up.
Same useage here but that 2 up is tour riding as well. Just put my 2nd set of Non B-spec PR2's on a week ago. Got well over 10k on the set with nice wear. Can't ask much more than that, IMO.
If pr2's are getting good mileage then i would expect 3's to do even better. A siped tire runs cooler and therefore theoretically should last a little longer.

So the added ply of a B spec tire makes it stronger for heavier loads, and i can use for fully loaded two up touring, but we don't know if they put any additional meat on it to last longer. It will be interesting to see after this summer what the verdict is on that. If it lasts an additional couple 1000mi i would be OK with paying $30 more.