Lowest miles on a 2013?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only got 900m on my GenIII, but did ride my VFR 2K miles this year so far...
smile.png

It sounds like I need to help you out a bit with some miles on that '13 of yours.............
winksmiley02.gif
Nah, I don't need help. The plan is to only change tires once before riding up canadistan for CFR '13...
coolsmiley02.gif

Fredkerr - you said " Just took mine out to test suspension settings per forum. Now have 130 miles on it. Love the settings, BTW. "

What did you change settings to ??

Fredkerr - you said " Just took mine out to test suspension settings per forum. Now have 130 miles on it. Love the settings, BTW. "
What did you change settings to ??
There is a post in "new members read this", about suspensions. He lists each setting, and lists what the factory calls for. His was for 180 something pound rider, and I'm a tad bit heavier (!!!), but I went with his. His also was for an older bike, but they work for me on my 2013. Although I have few miles on the bike, and no complaints about the factory settings - not having gotten used to them yet - I love how together the new settings make the bike feel. No long trips yet, though, because we're snow bound. But, I now feel like I can experiment.

I only got 900m on my GenIII, but did ride my VFR 2K miles this year so far...
smile.png
Hey Petey, that sounds just like me. Since January I've been on the VFR 1200F about 10 times, but I've been on the 2006 FJR just twice. However, mine is not a brand new Genlll.
smile.png

227 kilometers however I've only had it for 2 days and we are having a cold snap here with a high of 3 degrees Celsius!

(141 miles and 37 degrees Fahrenheit for you folks in the US)
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png

457 miles-bought her before Christmas. I've stealing short rides between snowfalls and icy roads. Hope to get a couple of guys together this weekend for a ride if the snow finally stops.

Last edited by a moderator:
227 kilometers however I've only had it for 2 days and we are having a cold snap here with a high of 3 degrees Celsius!
(141 miles and 37 degrees Fahrenheit for you folks in the US)
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
3 degrees? Lucky you. We're working our way up from -22 this morning, hoping for -1 sometime today! Can't wait for March to roll around. Oh wait...

Yep, 599mi & did the oil, filter, rear end oil change yesterday. Had it a month. Had to get er done to be ready for my, 1st of the year, N Georgia mountain ride next week. That is, if all their snow is gone by then. Later, De
smile.png

Picked mine up last Wednesday. Rode it 320 miles on Friday and Saturday to start breaking it in. This weekend should be in the 60's, so hope to get enough miles to do the first fluid change.

Getting ready for a big trip south, the beginning of May.