Man, Don't Know If I Can Watch A Second Time

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tripletango, ABS would have kept the wheel turning which is a gyroscopic effect and might have not allowed it to step out as far as a sliding tire would have.

JB, thanks for owning up to the event and posting about it.

I dunno about it never happening again. I dropped a bike on wet leaves once at 5 MPH and I can easily imagine it happening again (had to brake at the bottom of a driveway for on-coming traffic). Oh yeah, I didn't have ABS since it was a 1973 R75/5...

Thanks for the chuck under the chin about posting the video, folks. I kinda cringe when I go back into this thread to see what kinda judgement I'm gonna get. Nobody likes to be told they're an idiot. But of course I'm not getting that (much), but rather a lot of positive feedback, and I appreciate it.

JB

tripletango, ABS would have kept the wheel turning which is a gyroscopic effect and might have not allowed it to step out as far as a sliding tire would have.
Yes you are right.

However I have been in mud on concrete slikker an owl shit. Bike almost fell over with no input from throttle or brakes. Nearly impossible to control. Just very tiny steering inputs kept the bike up and unpukkered ass.

Think this was the situation here, it went down so fast!

Thanks for the chuck under the chin about posting the video, folks. I kinda cringe when I go back into this thread to see what kinda judgement I'm gonna get. Nobody likes to be told they're an idiot. But of course I'm not getting that (much), but rather a lot of positive feedback, and I appreciate it.
JB
You certainly are not an idiot. Feel better now?

:lol: