Marin County ("Shiny Hiney") Ride Report

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the ride report. Enjoyed the pics. Lisa needs to kick that Savage to da curb and get a real bike. :rolleyes:
Btw, was that heat thingamajig made out of stainless or aluminum, how thick and can you find out how it was attached?

Looks to be alummimmimum-that non-ferrous shit, and most likely uses the single retaining screw that joins the 2 fairing halves together. Am fabbing one as I write here at work for testing, as the idea is intriguing. A dam creates a vacumn directly behind it, so the theory works for me, and solves perhaps a question that always lingered in my pea brain-why more air via the rad opening doesn't flow through that lower exit.

Thanks for the ride report. Enjoyed the pics. Lisa needs to kick that Savage to da curb and get a real bike. :rolleyes:
Btw, was that heat thingamajig made out of stainless or aluminum, how thick and can you find out how it was attached?

Looks to be alummimmimum-that non-ferrous shit, and most likely uses the single retaining screw that joins the 2 fairing halves together. Am fabbing one as I write here at work for testing, as the idea is intriguing. A dam creates a vacumn directly behind it, so the theory works for me, and solves perhaps a question that always lingered in my pea brain-why more air via the rad opening doesn't flow through that lower exit.
Dave, let us know how it works. From looking at the picture, I thought is was a trifle too long as it appears it would hit speed bumps, etc. That's why I was thinking "spring-hinged".

Just downloaded some pix and discovered something taken by Mrs. 518 with the Passenger-Cam. Fun shot!

150713149-L-1.jpg

Thanks Jb that is a great shot of me "weekend rider" and Lisa heading down under the golden gate and the rest of the group thanks weekend rider

I rolled in at 9pm last night with 421 miles for the day. Look forward to the next ride with a few more mph next time.
[SIZE=14pt]'FJRHopeful' (Scott)...I've read the entire thread, was as if I were there. reminded me of when I piloted the Feeger through the same routes. You sure do have a great playground up north.[/SIZE]

Keep the shiney side up...

Unk :thumbsupsmileyanim: