Maryland Ride?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdfeejer

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am looking for some riders in Maryland and Virginia that want to take some rides out West or up North. I can only do shorter rides due to my new son but I am open to hang out for some day-long or overnight rides. Let me know if anyone is interested in getting together for this.

A couple of friends of mine and I are planning a trip to Snowshoe in June. They both ride Honda Shadow's....but I still like them all the same. :clapping:

Let me know if you have interest in this as well. We will be staying overnight in one of the rooms they have up there.

Scott

May be up for a morning ride at some point, but work provides enough opportunities for me to travel and stay in hotels.

Hey Scott, I'd be interested. I plan to do a lot of weekend travel rides this year. I plan to camp as well as use hotels depending on the destination and season. I also do a lot of day rides into VA, WV and Western MD.

I live in New Market, are you in Frederick? What year is your FJR?

john

Hey John,

I have the 05 galaxy blue model. One of my co-workers just moved into New Market and I play soccer at the National Park there when the season starts. Anyway, I live in Jefferson, which is the first exit on 340 West when you take 15 South from Frederick.

We have not picked a weekend in June yet due to my anniversary with my wife but we need to pencil something in......maybe even the end of May would be good.

Let's get together in a few weeks and take a short ride through the countryside. Let me know what works for each of you and we'll go from there. My bike will be ready by the thied weekend in April.

Don't forget about me. . . . . I live in Alexandria (hopefully Damacus soon) and I used to live up in Mt. Airy. I know a lot of roads up that way when I used to ride my old Honda Shadow.

I would love to join in anytime. I have kids everyother weekend but other than that I am pretty flexible.

PM and we can exhange information.

And yet another rider interested; sweet deal.

Are all of you interested in the third Saturday in April for a ride? Anybody have a swwet route that you'd like to take? I have another friend in Ashburn, VA riding a shadow that would probably be interested. I know he likes the skyline ride so we've been there. We've also been up to WVA and stopped by one of the 'friendly' bars on the way back...gave the butt a rest and had a beer (yes...only one).

So who wants to get together for a ride on that Saturday?

Scott

And yet another rider interested; sweet deal.
Are all of you interested in the third Saturday in April for a ride? Anybody have a swwet route that you'd like to take? I have another friend in Ashburn, VA riding a shadow that would probably be interested. I know he likes the skyline ride so we've been there. We've also been up to WVA and stopped by one of the 'friendly' bars on the way back...gave the butt a rest and had a beer (yes...only one).

So who wants to get together for a ride on that Saturday?

Scott
I don't know if it's too far for you, but nearly every rider I know will be here:

https://www.sport-touring.net/forums/index....ic,21632.0.html

You're more than welcome to join us.

That weekend does not work for me so if you are willing to change March 29/30 or April 12/13 work perfectly.

I would be up to meeting up with you all around Snowshoe and making a day of it. Nice area to ride. If it is out west you want, the second week in September I am taking a solo (at this point in the game anyway) trip out to the Rosebud Reservation in SD meet up with some friends. 5 or 6 days of riding with 5 daysi n between working on a church building on the Res. Yeah, it's a mission trip, but work related, not very evangelical in nature, a great bunch of people to work with all week, a good cause no matter what your theology and some great riding. I plan on going to Devils Tower on that trip. Just a thought.

I also have an every other weekend type of commitment but I'm looking to ride when I'm free. In fact I can ride any of the weekends mentioned 3/29, 4/12 or 4/19.

Scott & Aviator you have a PM.

john

Not sure about dates, but on Google maps, what would you think of something like this 4-state ride (227 miles, 5:41 time) day-ride?

Into the starting address, paste:

I-70 W @39.398960, -77.425010

End address:

US-15 N @39.635001, -77.410319 to:MD-550/Sabillasville Rd @39.696150, -77.455610 to:Buchanan Trail E/PA-16 @39.754520, -77.575630 to:pA-655 @40.194410, -78.006060 to:Six Mile Run Rd @40.161660, -78.252920 to:pA-26 @39.741870, -78.363040 to:US-522 S @39.700860, -78.186910 to:US-522 @39.624370, -78.229500 to:WV-9 @39.557360, -78.034840 to:brunswick, md

It loops Frederick, Waynesboro, Mercersburg, Three Springs, Hopewell, Mann, Hancock (Md), Berkeley Springs, Route 9 to Charlestown, then 340 to Frederick or whereever home may be.

We've ridden a number of these roads, but am sure you PA locals could suggest better.

Bob

Bob-John-Scott and whoever I missed

I like Bobs idea for that ride. That is a nice route.

I am free on those 2 weekends just let me know and I am there.

A little bump in the thead to see if anyone else wants to join. :search:

Sunday March 30 a few of us are meeting for a ride in MD.

Where: Starting at Sheetz in Frederick - 5601 Buckeystown Pike Frederick MD

Time: 10 am

Route: 3 states MD, PA , WV. See proposed route above for more detail

Come join in if you are in the area and can make it.