Mason Dixon 20-20 results

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squeezer

Squirrelly Geezer
Reaction score
This was a great really with a tough field. I counted three FJRs in the parking lot this year and we did well.

Pete Behm finished a very strong fourth. Well done. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I finally managed to slip into the top ten in this rally at eighth. :D

Chris Whitmore on his very nice looking 05 finished 10th. :D

Let's see... That's three FJRs, three top ten finishes -- yep, we bad.

Those of you who follow this sport will not be surprised to hear that Jim Owen won it. Again. The guy is phenomenal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Outstanding! You gonna give us some details? How was the holiday traffic? Anyone foolish enough to go to Ocean City?

Well done squeezer!

Is anybody ever gonna beat Owen? I kicked his ass once. But then I woke up.

Outstanding! You gonna give us some details? How was the holiday traffic? Anyone foolish enough to go to Ocean City?
Traffic turned out to be okay. My strategy was to avoid it, so I headed south and spent most of Saturday picking up boni in a big loop through North Carolina. It went really smooth all day, I stayed ahead of schedule, and that's where I picked up most of my points. As it got dark, I went across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge to pick up 24 hour boni in Delaware and the bits of VA and MD over there and also take the rest bonus. Ocean City wasn't an option for me then because it was a daylight only bonus. No one mentioned giving that a shot during post-rally bench racing. Sunday, I tried to loop through NJ and thought I could pick up the Seaside Heights bonus since it was 9:00 on a Sunday morning. That was still a bad idea and threw the late Sunday schedule out the window. Glad I waited until then to screw up. :D

I think Pete did a very similar route -- just more of it, better.

Hey, how was the Bonzai?

Is anybody ever gonna beat Owen? I kicked his ass once. But then I woke up.
I think we're all just waiting for his final drive to fail. :lol:

It's a damn shame he's such a truly nice guy. It sure would be fun to hate him, but you just can't. He really helped me out this time, too. There was one last bonus to pick up in the hotel parking lot before clocking in. I stepped up to take my photo and... no film. No time to go find any, either. Jim gave me his camera to take that final shot. Very cool.

From what I hear, Ocean City was like a ghost town. My neighbor and his g/f went, and he thought the place was closed as there was just no-one around.

Congrats to Squeezer and Pete. You both done good.

This was a great really with a tough field. I counted three FJRs in the parking lot this year and we did well.
Pete Behm finished a very strong fourth. Well done. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I finally managed to slip into the top ten in this rally at eighth. :D

Chris Whitmore was also there on his very nice looking 07, but I didn't catch his finish.

Those of you who follow this sport will not be surprised to hear that Jim Owen won it. Again. The guy is phenomenal.
Chris Whitmore rides an 05. I have not heard his results yet cause I figured he needed some rest and did not need me asking him rally questions while I drank his beer!

Congrats to all the finishers!! Matt

Congrats Squeezer, wish I could have been there with you. I'm not sure we'll ever beat Jim Owen....he kicks my ass in every 24 hr event so far. I know he'll be at the VOID this year, maybe we'll have a shot then. The east coast rally scene is beginning to make a statement with the FJR, more and more are posting top 10 finishes. Hope to see you soon...NAFO 57 days to go.

Yup.

I think I was about 6 hours behind schedule at that point.

Took me 3 hours to go 20 miles in and around NYC. Long Island was a little better, but the Jersey Shore was just slow.

I told Ed when he got back I should have followed him.

Maryland sure was nice on Sunday morning though.

Chris Whitmore rides an 05. I have not heard his results yet cause I figured he needed some rest and did not need me asking him rally questions while I drank his beer!
Congrats to all the finishers!! Matt
SECURITY!!!

Who let Matt in here anyway!?

I'll be expecting you to re-pay that beer fella!

Chris -- you did Long Island? I missed that part of the story. I was guessing the bonus out there was the big duck.

You know, the real reason I started routing south wasn't because of some brilliant strategic plan. It was because I'm riding to Rhode Island and upstate New York in a couple of weeks and just wanted to go somewhere else. Luck is cool.

The rest of the story:

Chris Whitmore finished 10th. That's all 3 feejers in the top 10!

C'mon everybody, let's do the Superior Dance. :yahoo:

I'm editing my first post...

Chris -- you did Long Island? I missed that part of the story. I was guessing the bonus out there was the big duck.
You know, the real reason I started routing south wasn't because of some brilliant strategic plan. It was because I'm riding to Rhode Island and upstate New York in a couple of weeks and just wanted to go somewhere else. Luck is cool.
Well Ed, what is it they say, if it smells like a crap....

I didn't go for the one way out there on Long Island. I really thought I was still gonna make it to North Carolina. I realized by the time the 9:00 PM bonus opened in the Pine Barrons, and I was there I was in trouble. Actualy I had been in da'nile for a while and just waited til then to recognize the problem.

Here's what it looked like from space.

2whmn94.jpg

Congrats to all 3 of you.

Jim's one of those quiet, unassuming guys that can ride the wheels off a bike.