Mature Riders and FJR's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're as old as you feel. I have an 07 FJR, 04 WArrior, and an "02 V-Max. Those bikes span several generations of riders as does my age.

71 years here, you young whipper snappers. I bought the FJR because at my age you never know how much time you have left so I thought I had better speed up.
Now if this !@@#$$%& snow would stop so I could get out and ride.

Mac
Just a bunch of kids!!!!!! Get out and ride! I'm going to Alaska next month!

Just as soon as I can pick one up, I guess I'll be a full member of the club at 29 year old. I Turn 30 later this year, but I'm trying to get the bike before that day.

The FJR will be my second street bike.

Glad to see folks of all ages on these machines though. Makes for a very diverse group, which is always a good thing.

I think this is a biased survey, as all us younger than 40's are all out riding, and too busy to post. We haven't 'matured' to a ripeness coincident with rubber-gloved intrusions, arthritis, weak vision, weaker bladders, and 'off my lawn' orneriness and the like. And hence we are more occupied with our bikes in motion, than the teenagers on our lawns. So in closing on the 'Mature Riders' thread....

Sit.

Swivel.

:yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 36 and considered myself light years ahead of the 18 yr. old version of myself regarding maturity. This came to an abrupt halt on the ride home from the dealer on the FJR. Throttle restraint sure ain't easy!

35 Here.

First bike was@ 25 or 26 with the 98 Pacific Coast, sold and bought a Kawi Zr-7 (I guess around 30), and now the FJR . .was 34 when I bought it.

I currently have an itch that only a Harley Softail Deuce will scratch, but that's going to have to be a second bike, not a replacement for the FJR.

A few cliches come to mind:

Getting old ain't for sissys

Old age and treachery beats youth and exuberance everytime

Ignition off; 56 years old, ignition on; 21 again

:)

24 years young, second bike. My first was Buell Lightning (XB9). I'm very much happier with the Feeejer.

35 here, bought the FJR when i was 33. Been riding dirtbike since I was 5, but my Mom, who work as an Emergency room nurse, said never a street bike while I lived under her roof. So one day she came home to a Brand new 94 CBR600 sitting in the garage. I said its either me and the bike, or we are leaving(she let me stay) After riding that for a year I traded it in for another CBR600. Which I totaled with 1300 miles on it. Mabey mom was right, and I stayed off bikes until 2003, when I bought a VRF....God I loved that bike, and I am deffinatly a Honda guy, but at 107 HP.....wasn't enought bike for me. The local sales guy let me take his FJR for a ride and I was hooked.

I love this Bike....Now I'm a honda AND Yamaha guy!

A few cliches come to mind:

Getting old ain't for sissys

Old age and treachery beats youth and exuberance everytime

:)

winnergold1.gif

If this was a contest you would get 1st place! But it's not so you don't get
shtf1.gif
haha.gif

But, it's still a GREAT line!

CK

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=18pt]66 Years old this december and 143mph [/SIZE] :dirol: :dirol: :dirol:

I have ridden over 160,000 in the past 10 years on 5 different bikes

42. But was 38 when I bought my FJR.

Now contemplating a GTR if they ever release all the specs...and the actual bike.

57 with first kid, Bobby (4yrs old). First bike for 14th Birthday was a used Cushman 5 hp. Got my motorcycle license on my 14th birthday & been ridin' every since. A few months later I put in a 8 hp motor ! Talk about power ! Traded that in in 1965 for a Yamaha 80 & traded that for a Yamaha twin 100. Went into Army & got out & bought a '57 rigid panhead in '71. Went through a series of HDs over 20 yrs with a V65 Magna & ZX7 Kawi after that & last bike before FJR. . . . I may get old someday but you'll have to chase me down until then :blum: