Mature Riders and FJR's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
38, but there is younger on this board. I get the point of this thread, but when did a 145hp motorcycle capable of 155mph and sub 11 second quarter mile times become slow enough to be considered a geezer bike :blink: I bought it because I thought it was fast (and comfy!)

Hi v65, another38 year young rider here. I love the bike; many of my buddies are older and ride BMW's- the latest fetish/sickness is the GS Adventure. They can never keep up though...

Archer

I just turned 35 today. I'm not sure where that puts me in the age averages, but regardless I find the FJR to be a perfect bike for my uses and comfort. The bike certainly doesn't make me feel old.

49 here, however I have had a sport touring bike of some kind since I bought my second new bike, a 1980 Suzuki GS1000G (sharft drive), which was a great bike!

I also have a sport bike that gets a ride or two each week and she keeps me feeling young. :yahoo:

FJRTLR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
53 years old and I'm no squid. The FJR is my first road bike, why would I want anything else? I go riding with my Harley pals in the mountains, I can't go that slow so I wait for them at the bar in Nederland.

P5150004.jpg

I'm 63 and get obscene pleasure riding this sucker. Tires are not totally broken in yet!

44 in a month!!... The bike is my Porsche-alternative... Wanted a 911 for years, my wife called it my "mid-wife crisis"...(yes, with a "w") Need for speed, love of convertibles, shiny things, and two seats or less... Hell, we're both happy, plus I saved about $37K!!

(still might have to sneak a few stops at the Porsche dealership on the way home from work... just to look...)

C

33 yrs old here! Hey, you know there is one other advantage to being a "senior citizen" on longer rides....they don't need to stop as often with these bad boys! :D

depends.jpg

Picked up the FJR on my 53rd birthday (4-15) in 2005. I believe it was my 5th street bike of 650cc or more, but I've bought two bikes since and am back up to 3 motorcycles -- due largely to the enablers on this site, specifically including the youngster who posted immediately above this.

Is it a generalization to say that the majority of FJR riders have acquired many miles in the seat and in life? It just struck me after looking at pictures I have taken with other FJR riders. I have to admit not too many squids run out and buy an FJR for their first bike. Maybe it's an aquired taste. I'm 63 and after riding mostly sport bikes I find sitting behind the windscreen of the FJR a good fit. Any youngish riders on the FJR?
IMG_9529-2.jpg
I am 62 years young and loving every minute on my FJR.