Maybe I don't need a Zumo

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want to go cheap and get all the features of a Zumo 660 except waterproof, check out the Nuvi 765T. It is discontinued, but does everything INCLUDING multipoint routing, MP3, A2DP stereo bluetooth, traffic, lane assistance and so forth. How are you ever going tobeat that at $132. If you don't like it, give it away as a present. I have clocked well over 20K miles on this GPS cross-country in all kinds of weather.
Big Gunny and +1.

I have 20K miles on mine as well and I am using it in the Iron Butt Rally.

this really is a great alternative...

Thanks for all the replies! Saharajp99 made me a good deal on his 765t. Perhaps not the final solution, but one that will save me a few bucks for now. My truck does not have a GPS, so when I'm ready to upgrade to a Zumo, I'll toss the 765 in the truck. :D

Not sure how water resistant it is but it does a great job keeping the sun off the screen so you can see.

P5190702.JPG

P5190696.JPG

P5190697.JPG

P5190698.JPG

P5190701.JPG

The Glare Stomper can be found here.

Thanks for all the replies! Saharajp99 made me a good deal on his 765t. Perhaps not the final solution, but one that will save me a few bucks for now. My truck does not have a GPS, so when I'm ready to upgrade to a Zumo, I'll toss the 765 in the truck. :D
I think you will get good use out of the Nuvi, Dave. I plan on running my 780 in the AquaBox for another year or two, until it gets too antiquated. Let me know if you need any wiring info on the Nuvi 7XX series - I did a lot of research.

I think you will get good use out of the Nuvi, Dave. I plan on running my 780 in the AquaBox for another year or two, until it gets too antiquated. Let me know if you need any wiring info on the Nuvi 7XX series - I did a lot of research.
Thanks Mark...I'm planning on putting this on the shelf till I can get a few other farkles gathered up, then I will spend a weekend tearing the bike down and getting everything done. Will be starting with the spider harness. I'll let you know when, could really use your help.

Thanks Gramps...ordered the GlareStomper. Noticed a discount code RMNOT15 takes off 15%. :good:

Thanks Mark...I'm planning on putting this on the shelf till I can get a few other farkles gathered up, then I will spend a weekend tearing the bike down and getting everything done. Will be starting with the spider harness. I'll let you know when, could really use your help.
Just let me know when you are ready and I can head up there. I have some Gator's Dockside gift certificates to use when we are finished and I think there is one close to you.