MCN FJR survey

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhioFJR1300

Reaction score
I just got the latest issue of Motorcycle Consumer news and there is pretty good article about the FJR owners survey they just did. Lots of photos and the article is fairly upbeat. If you have the mag, check it out. :clapping:

Mine arrived today. Will read it thoroughly tonight.

So, which forum members are pictured????

Come on, don't be modest. You're celebrities now :clapping:

i was wondering which issue it would be in. i looked for it in my current one and didn't see it.

i'll be on the lookout to see if they corrected their ommission of the 2003/2004 standard model (non-abs) as they only listes A and AE models originally (before i started distributing a corrected version). :)

Can anyone summarize? My sub expired a few years ago and I'm a slacker.

Damn, I keep going out to the mailbox to see if it's there, but so far no luck. Maybe tomorrow :questionmark:

Skyway got major press in the farkles section! Way to go Ian!

By the way, I can't believe how many voted for Z6's as their tire of choice. :blink: Must be ice skaters or sumpin'... :p

my subscription has ALWAYS been 2 to 3 weeks behind the posts from others who have gotten their's. i'll keep looking but won't expect it for another week or 2.

--update--

got it yesterday. they nearly ignored references to the 2003 until the end. :^/

Last edited by a moderator:
I was surprised at how bad Yamaha's Dealership Network was rated. I do most of my maintenance myself and don't deal with them accept for initial purchase. Maybe Mammy Yammy will take that criticism to heart!

Clicky link to the MCN FJR Survey it's at the top of the page.
FJR Survey
:clapping: :clapping: Thanks.

I like it. Reads like a warning to Yamaha. FJR owners have the power...listen to them.

I was surprised at how bad Yamaha's Dealership Network was rated. I do most of my maintence myself and don't deal with them accept for initial purchase. Maybe Mammy Yammy will take that criticism to heart!

I am not surprised. I have two dealerships within 30 minutes of home and don't spend a dime at them due to lack of service. I call Umotors for everything. When I need to take my bike in I drive two hours to go to Sierra Yamaha in a small town with a population of 408 people. Yes, that is a correct a town with a population of 408 and the dealership very busy. As a matter of fact last time I was there I was impressed with how many bikes were being working on, most with the plate brackets from the Reno and Carson City dealers. I met more then a few owners who would not take their bikes to the dealers in Reno and Carson City.

I was pretty excited when I saw another FJR on the lift and went looking for the owner. I learned he went to the Reno dealer for a tire change and started having problems with the ABS light coming on. The Reno dealer said the soonest they could get the bike in was 5 weeks away. So, he called Sierra Yamaha and was told that is a safety issue bring it in tomorrow. I left before his bike was complete so I do not know if his issue was related to the tire change he performed at the Reno dealer.

I agree with you. I hope Yamaha takes the critcism to heart. I would love to go to a dealer 10 minutes away for service.

Funny you mentioned UMotors(people who actually understand CUSTOMER SERVICE). I did a Spiegel brake line group buy with them right after I bought my bike and continue to buy from them to this day (just got my Givi V46 from them!) They are great people. I just dread something really going wrong with my FJR and trying to deal with the guys around here (knock on wood!)