Me Got Some BIG Boxes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamafitter

Reigning NERDS Granite Lane Gold Medalist
Reaction score
Since I had the most parts left over I took home the Grand Prize from the Bustanut Tech Weekend in Owosso. When I got home I dragged out all the boxes from my trailer...

dsc_0001-L.jpg

Let's open up the biggest box and see what I won...

dsc_0002-L.jpg

Instructions!? I don't need to stinkin' instructions. I'll put those in their proper spot...

dsc_0003-L.jpg

This looks a little better...

dsc_0004-L.jpg

Let's check out the little box...

dsc_0005-L.jpg

Now it's time to check out the meat of the matter...

dsc_0006-L.jpg

Some of you probably recognize this already. It's a shiny new No-Mar Tire Changer.

I also got the optional clamps for changing the knobbies on my WR450F...

dsc_0008-L.jpg

Since there is no chance of this fitting in my garage I opted for the trailer hitch reciever option....

dsc_0009-L.jpg

OK, there's some assembly required...... where are those stupid instructions...

dsc_0010-L.jpg

Voila, one assembled No-Mar Classic Tire Changer.

dsc_0011-L.jpg

If it doesn't snow I'll give a test run tomorrow.

I offered on the Ontario FJR Rider Facebook page to mount tires for the boys. They could even ship the tires to my place and I would mount them up on my bike and scrub the tires in for a few thousand kilometers. For some reason no one took me up on my offer.

Go figure.

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks like a great tool. I once bought the Harbor Freight setup, and it was the biggest piece of junk. Spent about 2 hours wrestling with it, and finally took it back. That No-Mar looks like a well thought out tool.

Lucas

You other tech day locations had better step it up some. We offer some dang nice door prizes here in the central region don't we.. :lol:

Don't forget to purchase the yellow thing...helps with the changes a lot. ;)

--G
I picked up the Ultimate package which comes with all that good stuff :yahoo:

I already have a good balancer so I traded the no-mar balancer for the optional clamps for changing knobbies on the dirt bike.

That looks like a great tool. I once bought the Harbor Freight setup, and it was the biggest piece of junk. Spent about 2 hours wrestling with it, and finally took it back. That No-Mar looks like a well thought out tool.

Lucas
Mine still is built like junk, but it just keeps on changing tires. Paid for itself a couple of times over, probably a couple of times ago.

Dang. That's a nice door prize! Yes, the Harbor Freight unit is a POS, but it works, saved me about $500 on two sets a tires. And....the entire HF setup costs abut the same as No Mar's extrememly cool tire bar. Yea, I'm still lustin after the tire bar.

Bustanut, you da man :assassin:

Well Bill actually had it shipped here,but I did let him take it home..

Seems shipping to the great white north costs about a third fo what he bought it for. :eek:

Well Bill actually had it shipped here,but I did let him take it home..

Seems shipping to the great white north costs about a third fo what he bought it for. :eek:
Oh Man :angry2: You went and spoiled all the fun.

By the way, I did technically have the most parts left over since the bike wasn't running when I left and therefore was one big collection of parts so where is my prize .... hmmmmm :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang. That's a nice door prize! Yes, the Harbor Freight unit is a POS, but it works, saved me about $500 on two sets a tires. And....the entire HF setup costs abut the same as No Mar's extrememly cool tire bar. Yea, I'm still lustin after the tire bar.

Bustanut, you da man :assassin:
I have a Harbor Fright I did a lot of modifications to, and it works pretty good for the money. I have used a No-Mar, and not a fan of their double tip bar for mounting. Way way better is https://www.no-scufftiretool.com/#No-Mar_mount_end_upgrade with its really useful rectangular end for mounting. But, if you do have the No-Mar or Cycle Hill, be sure to fix your tips so they have a fastener supporting it all the way through the tube. If you pry on the side without the support, you can break the tips more easily.

I also recommend as you set up your wheels that you mark the three screw-adjustable wheel holder positions for the various sizes of wheels, otherwise you'll be wasting a lot of time screwing those things. Set two and only screw one, is what you will find works best.