Meet, Greet & Eat in Avila Beach, Saturday Oct. 6th, 2007

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easy cure for a Hardly, potato, potato, potato... ohh wait, only 2 exhaust pipes so potato, potato :p

Back on topic:

Submitted for your early morning digestive approval for those comming out of the bay area Black Bear Diner curtisy of Hycle (does that mean he's paying the bill to :huh: )

It should be a leasurly 3 hour jaunt down 101 to Avila Beach Route (again, thanks to Hycle for that leg work too :) ) I'd suggest 8 am as a planned arival time at the diner. That gives us plenty of time for a mini meet and greet before the meet and greet.

Thoughts?

I am looking forward to meeting all you Yippinese riders in your cute little riding 'suits' on your little Asian scooters. Me and the lady will arrive riding a real American machine, wearing beanie helmets, full sleeve tats, $1,000 worth of assless leathers and 10 dollar helmets.

After we drink all of your beer, we'll motor ahead while braaaping the throttle the entire way so you can find your way back to 101! :unsure: :rolleyes: :yahoo: :blink: :dribble: :rolleyes:

I am looking forward to meeting all you Yippinese riders in your cute little riding 'suits' on your little Asian scooters. Me and the lady will arrive riding a real American machine, wearing beanie helmets, full sleeve tats, $1,000 worth of assless leathers and 10 dollar helmets.
After we drink all of your beer, we'll motor ahead while braaaping the throttle the entire way so you can find your way back to 101! :unsure: :rolleyes: :yahoo: :blink: :dribble: :rolleyes:
Thanks for offering to quide me back to 101, I appreciate a good time with my Harley Brothers. There were over a hundred helpful souls the last time I wore my FJR tee shirt. :assassin: :assassin: :yahoo: :yahoo:

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

Easy cure for a Hardly, potato, potato, potato... ohh wait, only 2 exhaust pipes so potato, potato :p

Back on topic:

Submitted for your early morning digestive approval for those comming out of the bay area Black Bear Diner curtisy of Hycle (does that mean he's paying the bill to :huh: )

It should be a leasurly 3 hour jaunt down 101 to Avila Beach Route (again, thanks to Hycle for that leg work too :) ) I'd suggest 8 am as a planned arival time at the diner. That gives us plenty of time for a mini meet and greet before the meet and greet.

Thoughts?
That would work out for me. See ya' guys at 8am...

Cheers!

Ok guys

I suggest that us SoCal guys meet at the chevron station at PCH and Sunset, then ride up and hook up the the Nut and the other ventura and SB folks.

How does 9am at Chevron and 10.45 somewhere in SB area, maybe 101 and 154 would be good and we could then head over the San Marcos pass.

how Does that sound.

Richard

Ok Folks here's the start of the list of Riders.Let me know if I miss anybody tell me your City & mileage to Meet & Greet.
Name City miles

Yogi Phoenix,Az 540 mi

Badcat Phoenix,Az 540 mi

Wingwoman Lompoc,Ca 40 mi

Ron N Santa Maria,Ca 20 mi

Rogerfjrfaster Corona,Ca 250 mi

Boyd & Nikki Riverside,Ca 250 mi

BlueByU (me) Santa Maria,Ca 20 mi

Toecutter Clovis,Ca 150 mi

TwoWheelNut Santa Barbara,Ca 100 mi

Rayban San Diego,Ca 313 mi

Hit The Jack Bakersfield,Ca 143 mi

dcarver Creston,Ca 50 mi

weekend rider woodland,Ca 307 mi

Minuteman Yucaipa,Ca 250 mi

Khundajawge Los Osos,Ca 20 mi

Jwad Portville,Ca 160 mi

Hycle&Terry Dixon.Ca 290 mi

Silent San Jose,Ca 230 mi

Corky Santa Maria,Ca 20 mi

Vimh Phoenix,Az 540 mi

JT Wilson Santa Maria,Ca 20 mi

Ray Lompoc,Ca 45 mi

Kman San Diego,Ca 313 mi

Nomo San Diego,Ca 313 mi

Kent Ailes Phoenix,Az 540 mi

Jdog Ventura,Ca 120 mi

Fairlane Torrance,Ca 200 mi

SilverPenguin Huntington Beach,Ca 220 mi

Airhead Grover Beach,Ca 7 mi

Paste007 Bakersfield,Ca 143 mi

Bluesteek Marysville,Ca 400 mi

Miles & Cindy Santa Maria,Ca 20 mi

Effjay ? ? ? ,Ca ?? Mi

NightShine Petaluma,Ca 285 mi
I'm in. Hoping to ride up with Fairlaner from Los Angeles.

Ok guysI suggest that us SoCal guys meet at the chevron station at PCH and Sunset, then ride up and hook up the the Nut and the other ventura and SB folks.

How does 9am at Chevron and 10.45 somewhere in SB area, maybe 101 and 154 would be good and we could then head over the San Marcos pass.

how Does that sound.

Richard
I'll be there... :D

Ooooohhhhh!!!! It's so tempting to join this party, but I really can't justify it. Since my surgery, I've only been on the bike once, and paid dearly for it afterwards. In a couple of weeks, I'm going to do some very short, local rides but it will be a while before I can build up to a proper, fun-day-out length ride.

Have fun, post photos and stories.

Jill

Ooooohhhhh!!!! It's so tempting to join this party, but I really can't justify it. Since my surgery, I've only been on the bike once, and paid dearly for it afterwards. In a couple of weeks, I'm going to do some very short, local rides but it will be a while before I can build up to a proper, fun-day-out length ride.

Jill
Car ride?

Jill
Car ride?
Possible - but unlikely. The old man gets back into town, late Friday night after three weeks in foreign parts. If he's up for a day out, I'm there but I think he might have other plans. The drive would be worth it though, to see the parade of FJR's following a HD. Hey - if we come, I'll bring ear plugs, and an oil-drip tray. How's that?

Jill

Jill
Car ride?
Possible - but unlikely. The old man gets back into town, late Friday night after three weeks in foreign parts. If he's up for a day out, I'm there but I think he might have other plans. The drive would be worth it though, to see the parade of FJR's following a HD. Hey - if we come, I'll bring ear plugs, and an oil-drip tray. How's that?

Jill
If he's up for a day, YOU might have other plans! :rolleyes: :unsure: :rolleyes:

Ok guysI suggest that us SoCal guys meet at the chevron station at PCH and Sunset, then ride up and hook up the the Nut and the other ventura and SB folks.

how Does that sound.

Richard
I'm doing the road math and remembering the last time we did this. The SoCal group detoured (it was fun!) via Foxen Cyn et al and was very pressed for time to arrive at designated meeting point in time for the larger group lunch reservations. I recall with personal concern how the group moved up the 101 at go-to-jail speeds to arrive on time. Sorry, not for me this time...

From SB, it's prox 100 miles to Avila. If the "plan" is simply to meet in SB and continue up San Marcos Pass to Hwy 101 and northbound non-stop to Avila, then 10:45 meet/11:00 stands-up might be OK to arrive before 1 PM. If on the other hand 'Nut or another lead rider routes the SoCal group via Foxen and wonderful twisties beyond, it would be better IMO to meet in SB at least an hour earlier. Personally, I'd rather arrive in Avila early and relaxed.

Jeff

I lead the group a wee bit too fast, eh? Well, we were running late being held up by that tipped tanker and all and I just hate missing appointments, deadlines and lunch... :lol:

Current plan is to meet at Carl's Jr. in Santa Babs on State Street off the 154 off ramp from Hwy 101 (turn right) at 1030 hours. A prompt departure with routing via 154> Foxen > Tepusquet > 166> 101> San Luis Harbor having us arrive comfortably by 1300 hrs.

I lead the group a wee bit too fast, eh? Well, we were running late being held up by that tipped tanker and all and I just hate missing appointments, deadlines and lunch... :lol:
Current plan is to meet at Carl's Jr. in Santa Babs on State Street off the 154 off ramp from Hwy 101 (turn right) at 1030 hours. A prompt departure with routing via 154> Foxen > Tepusquet > 166> 101> San Luis Harbor having us arrive comfortably by 1300 hrs.
thats the plan Stan, sorry i mean Tim.

See ya Saturday.

R

Just a heads up to all you lurkers, (GLEN) If I dont know you are coming and all expected riders are at the meeting places we are gonna be leaving early. So if you plan on meeting us let me know dont just show up we dont want any suprises like last week.

R

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a heads up to all you lurkers, (GLEN) If I dont know you are coming and all expected riders are at the meeting places we are gonna be leaving early. So if you plan on meeting us let me know dont just show up we dont want any suprises like last week.
R
That's a good idea to RSVP. If you are meeting us at the Black Bear Diner in Gilroy let me know. I would hate to leave 2 min. ahead of you. We are sitting down to eat breakfast at around 8 am and leave when we finish eating. Call from the road if your running late, Mike's cell 707-372-6477.

Boys -

I'm pretty sure I'm in so count one more for lunch. I'll probably spend the night at a buddy's house in Ojai so I will meet Fairlaner and the boys in SB at 10-0-30. San Clemente to Avila Beach = 250 mi. Should I ride the Deuce so Carver doesn't feel out of place (or maybe the Duc....decisions, decisions)

Last edited by a moderator: