• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Mega goodies for Gen I Feej

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dangerous Dave

The older I get, the faster I was...
Reaction score
Well sadly, shiny fresh tires, sub-freezing temps, and my favorite S-curve conspired to make me throw my '05 Galaxy Blue beauty down the pavement Tuesday. It was a fairly peaceful slide...right up until it found the curb. Then I watched helplessly as it cartwheeled through the air and came down for a face-plant. I was lucky enough to stick with the peaceful slide portion of the program and my riding gear did it's job perfectly (ATGATT). It is officially a total and Progressive will be buying back the remains early next week. While I was tempted to either A)buy back the salvage and fix it, or B)buy another like it, I signed the papers last night on a VFR1200. I've lusted for that bike since I first saw it and even moreso since I threw a leg over one. The timing couldn't have been better since Honda is blowing out leftover '10s for less than the price of a used one. I'm picking it up at Competition Accessories this afternoon.

Anyway, with all that said, I have more farkles on the Feej than farkle coverage on the policy. So although Progressive is paying me very fairly for the bike and my damaged riding gear, I can still get a few goodies off the bike which were unharmed, and it's mostly really good stuff. Let me start with the seat. This is the one that needs fast action as I must have an undamaged seat on the bike when they come to take it away which is probably middle of next week. I had my stock seats redone by Seargent a couple years ago. Not alot of miles on them since the feej wasn't my only ride. I had them do the Supercell, dish, widen and narrow the nose for the rider, and supecell and widen the pillion. I can't remember the name of the fabric they used, but it was discontinued right after I bought the seat..it has lots of little dimples in it. I also had them do a silver rib on both pieces which goes beautifully with the the silver side panels that it runs right into. Seats were totally un-touched in the accident and still look like new. I even had the pad from my Garauld backrest done to match, that is, same fabric and welt. So if you're local to Dayton, Ohio and are interested, I'll swap for your stocker for a hundred bucks. I think I paid three and some change for the seat work alone. Again, you'll need to act fast before they take it away sometime around 3/7/10. I'll try to get some pics up, but the bike is at my shop and I'm not.

Seats are sold

Moving right along, I've got a PCIII USB in undamaged condition I'll take a hundred bucks for as well.

PCIII is sold

Heli pullback risers in perfect condition. Not sure what they're worth yet, but feel free to make an offer.

The most beautious piece would have to be the Penske fully adjustable remote reservoir rear shock.

Shock is sold

Sadly, one of the Remus carbon cans was destroyed, but I have a mint set of first gen cans in a box in the garage. Make an offer.

Stock cans are sold.

Also have a set of stock front rotors in the garage in good condition (Wave rotors are going with the bike). Make offer.

Rotors are sold.

I also have a spare grab rail in Galaxy blue hanging in the garage in good used condition. I'll take $35 for it OBO.

I also have the Galaxy blue plugs for the bag holes in the tail. Make offer. SOLD

Factory service manual on CD...$10 shipped in the lower 48. SOLD

That's all I can think of at the moment, but I may be adding to the list. All prices are plus shipping costs, or you can come pick the stuff up. I'll get pics up as soon as time permits.

Oh yeah...almost forgot...I have a custom Garauld backrest in Galaxy blue with a custon pad done by Seargent that matches the Seargent seats

backrest is sold.

But wait...there's more! How the hell could I forget about the top case?!?!

Top case is sold

And THIS...is a cool piece! It's a one of a kind, CNC milled, billet aluminum Yamaha license plate frame, painted in Cerulean Silver

License plate frame is sold

Uhhh, yup...there's more. V-Strom handguards.

Handguards are sold

I also have a Laminar Lip in very good condition. I don't know how it survived the crash, but it came out unscathed. You'll need a set of the Super-Duper Velcro dots from Laminar Lip, but they're only $6 shipped. The ones on the lip are fine, but you'll need a set to go on your windshield to mount it. Honestly, I tried a V-Stream, Cal-Sci, and Yami tall, and I stuck with the Laminar lip on a stock screen. It was good as or better than the others in my opine. In fact, Honda sells a factory accessory one for the VFR, and I'm buyin' it!! I'll take $50 shipped anywhere in the lower 48.

Laminar lip is sold

Happy trails!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear of your loss. Would there possibly be a left side bag that came through un-scathed? I also do not know what the risers are worth but I am interested. What part of Dayton do you live in, I grew up in C'ville. Could have someone pick up for me.

That totally sucks, especially the fact that it was one of those beautiful Gen I models. Glad you weren't hurt and good riding habits (ATGATT) worked out yet again. Good luck with the VFR.

Dave,

Sorry to hear about the get off.

Would a stock seat with a 2-3 inch tear in one seam work for the seat swap?

Let me know

Denny

Back again.I am very interested in the rear shock but I have an ABS model.Can I call first dibs on it and check around to see if I can make it fit?Actually,I'm running my bike without the rear ABS due to a bad ABS pump.What interfers with this shock on an ABS model?If we make a deal on the seat and/or shock,I can run over and pick them up Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks,Denny

Do you have the model number of the shock?

Sorry to hear of your loss. Would there possibly be a left side bag that came through un-scathed? I also do not know what the risers are worth but I am interested. What part of Dayton do you live in, I grew up in C'ville. Could have someone pick up for me.

Bags were DESTROYED! Literally ripped from the bike with both top hooks ripped out of each one. Ironically, the tail of the bike is totally undamaged! I'm in C'ville, bike is currently in B'creek. $45 for the risers??

Dave,

Sorry to hear about the get off.

Would a stock seat with a 2-3 inch tear in one seam work for the seat swap?

Let me know

Denny

Hmmmm, any chance of doing a temporary fix on the tear, like some hot-glue or something? If it were real obvious, I'd rather not chance it, but if not too noticeable, I'd probably give it a go. You might want to send me a pic...Zanesville ain't exactly around the corner and I'd hate for you to make a trip for nothing. And yes, you have *second* dibs on the shock. Apparently the positioning of the line for the reservoir can hit some part of the ABS, so they position the line differently for one vs the other, but it sounds like a quick, cheap fix if it came down to it. You could call Traxxion Dynamics on Monday and ask the question I suppose, that's where I bought it.

PM on the shock

Will hit you back asap on it.

PM on the PCIII,

Will give you a shout as well in a few.

I also have the Galaxy blue plugs for the bag holes in the tail. Sold.

Factory service manual on CD...$10 shipped in the lower 48. Sold

Dave,

Sorry for your loss. How many miles on the stock rotors? You have wave after market on the wreck but they are stuck with the bike?

Thanks,

Jim

Dave,

Sorry for your loss. How many miles on the stock rotors? You have wave after market on the wreck but they are stuck with the bike?

Thanks,

Jim

Stock rotors have ~30k on them, but are in very nice condition and had no pulsation when they were removed from the bike. The Galfer wave rotors aren't "stuck" with the bike, but they had a very slight pulsation to them. It was never bad enough to bother me, but I can't see trying to sell them to another forum member knowing they do have some pulsation to them. It just strikes me as a good way to make somebody mad, so I'd rather not go there. Besides, too much work to swap them for the little I could get out of them. Honestly, it kills me how much good shit is going to the boneyard with the bike, but some stuff is more trouble than it's worth. It has chrome plated stock wheels with brand new tires on them, but the chrome is just beginning to flake a bit (inevitable with chrome plated alloys). Whaddaya gonna do?? There's also an Audiovox cruise going with it, but way too much trouble to take it off. That's why I'm really hoping to find a taker on the seat soon. It's a beautiful seat and it just kills me to see it go to the boneyard. Shit happens.

On a brighter note, I picked up the new VFR12 today. It was freaking cold out and the bike wasn't wired for any of my heated gear (obviously). But I gotta say it's a pretty sweet ride. Power delivery is nice. Handling is as well. You really sit into this thing, rather than on top of it. VERY sporty riding position which is what I really want and where the FJR always let me down. My farkle-to-come list is already long and expensive. I plan on putting a set of Givi V35 side vases on it for when the wife and I do long trips. The Honda accesory side cases are way overpriced and equally undersized, so the Givis are a much better option. I feel my wallet quivering already. ;-}

I also have the Galaxy blue plugs for the bag holes in the tail. Make offer.

Factory service manual on CD...$10 shipped in the lower 48.

pm sent

pm sent

Isn't this what's known as a post hijack? OOPS, my bad! Read below...

Shane

pm sent

Isn't this what's known as a post hijack?

Shane

No...he just accidentally left off the quotes around what I wrote. Those are my items and he just bought them. Tail plugs and CD manual are sold.

Pmed on the cans

I can barely keep up here. ;-}

Dave, do you have the bag liners?

I do. The left one is in good condition, but the right one is torn at a seam. I'm not exactly a seamstress, but it looks like a reasonably easy repair, and it is actually usable as-is as long as you don't stuff it with a ton of heavy crap. I've actually been using it like this for quite awhile. Make me an offer.