Member in St Louis Area??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctfjr

Reaction score
I am (most axiously) awaiting the call from Jerold at D&H announcing that my fjr is in. I plan on flying down from Connecticut then riding to St Louis for 2 days of business & then riding home. In St Louis I would like to do an oil, filter & rear drive oil change - sb abt 500-600 miles by then.

Does anyone here know of a dealer I could contact who would do this for me on short notice? My work will have me on Rider Trail North (wherever that is in ST L). Alternately I was going to bring a 17mm socket & drive and an oil filter wrench & just do it at some accommodating gas station. . . Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I can't believe I feel like a kid getting new toy - I've got the seg already :yahoo:

There are a great many FJR riders in St. Louis, Donelsons is the FJR Dealer of choice but many riders could assist also, myself included, just need to know when you are in town.

Neville

Thanks Eric & Neville!

I appreciate both offers - when I get a go date from D&H & coordinate my flight & meeting in St Louis I will let you know. I would certainly prefer to do my own oil & filter change but on the road it does present some logistical issues. . . Its probably the only thing I still feel comfy about doing on my bikes.

Jerry

Well, I got tools, a drain pan, and even have an extra filter sitting on the shelf. There is a 24 hour Wal-Mart nearby if you need anything else......

Should even have enough gear oil for you...

KM

I purchased my FJR from Chesterfield Valley Powersports located in Chesterfield MO, a suburb of St. Louis. If you know the dates you are going to be in town you could schedule an appointment. Donnelson Cycles in St. Ann, MO is another reputable dealer and would not be far from where you are going.

Bill